Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Hyundai Kona 39kWh - is it worth the buy?

Startet av Milkplus, onsdag 21. oktober 2020, klokken 13:50

« forrige - neste »

Milkplus

Hi there! Firstly, apologies for the English, my Norwegian isn't anywhere near good enough to chat competently about cars, yet...

I'm in the market for my first electric car, and have been eying the Kona. However, for my needs (and budget) the bigger battery version isn't necessary and I've noticed there are a number of 2019 imported 39kWh versions hovering around 300,000kr on Finn.

I test drove one yesterday and really liked it (had all the options I wanted and then some) but as I'm relatively new to Norway (and buying cars here) I just wanted to check with someone who potentially already owns one if there are any downsides to buying one of these cars that were never officially released here? Like, is there a problem with getting them serviced locally in the event that something breaks? The guy at the dealship said there wouldn't be, but then he's incentivised to say that everything will be fine haha

I guess I'm just interested to know if it's a good buy at that price, compared to what else is on the market. Most of the other cars around this price/range are smaller, for example. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Milkplus

RJK

First of all, i would recommend to check out this thread: https://elbilforum.no/index.php?topic=45217.0

It discusses things to be aware of in imported cars.

One other thing to notice, is that the 39 kWh version doesn't necessarily have a heatpump, and would then have a significant higher loss of capacity in typical winter conditions, not only because the pure mathematics of percentage of capasity used to heat the battery and cabin, even if it uses more or less the same amount of kWh to get warm.

Edit: checked the ad, and they claim it has heatpump, but i would be sceptical to that. But that one is very easy to find out by visual check in the engine room. Heatpump should be easy to see on the left side, if it isn't there, it would be more empty space than those with heatpump.

The heatpump is under the plastic cover on the left, where you see those big tubes leading to that area:

Hyundai Kona Dark knight metallic med soltak - Kø# 2500, bil utlevert mars -19
Bosted Oslo

batterimannen

Husker jeg fulgte med på de billigste importerte Konaene selv før. Det virket som at de første som kom var uten varmepumpe, men så kom de importerte 39 kwh med varmepumpe etterhvert. Det jeg ikke klarte å finne var 39 kwh med elektrisk justerbare seter. Fant det kun med manuell justering av setene. Delskinn har kanskje ikke ventilerte seter?

Jeg synes fortsatt at Kona er et godt kjøp. Jeg har ingen erfaring med importert Kona, siden jeg endte opp med å kjøpe en norsk, men synes service har vært god og billig. Ville selv valgt Kona fremfor Zoe eller Leaf.
Hyundai Kona electric 2019
Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 Twin 2021
Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 Twin Ultimate 2023

Milkplus

Thanks for the response and the info! That link you shared has sent my head spinning however! So many conflicting reports about what does and doesn't come with an imported Kona. I emailed the dealer to ask what country it was originally imported from and he confirmed it was Germany. He also sent along a full equipment list, which included the heatpump, but now wish I had looked under the hood more closely yesterday.

I guess my biggest concern is whether the range on this car will be under what I could get for a comparable e-golf? I don't need crazy amounts of range but at the low end of things I suspect that 50km or so goes a long way...

batterimannen

Kona 39 kwh har wltp rekkevidde på 305 km. Kona har veldig effektiv varmepumpe og bruker mye overskuddsvarme fra komponenter i motor til oppvarming. e-Golf har rekkevidde på 231 km. Den er etter min mening teknologisk "utdatert".

Hyundai skal tilbakekalle biler for å undersøke feil i batteri. Jeg vet ikke hvordan det blir med bil fra Tyskland. Vet ikke om det gjelder kun 64 kwh eller om det også er 39 kwh. Bør ta det med i vurdering eller undersøke rundt det.
Hyundai Kona electric 2019
Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 Twin 2021
Volvo XC40 Recharge P8 Twin Ultimate 2023

TB

Få tilbakekalling med i kjøpekontrakten, at selger er ansvarlig for eventuelle ekstra kostnader, eller ta tilbake bilen.

Høyst trolig vil Hyundai dekke utbedringen av batteriet, uavhengig om bilen først ble kjøpt i Tyskland, men veit ikke hva som kan oppstå. Har en det i kontrakten står en sterkere (så lenge selger "ønsker" og er i stand til å ta bilen tilbake..)
KONA Electric Long Range Premium 2024
Citroen C-Zero 2012 solgt
Hyundai KONA Electric 2019 solgt
Lørenskog

Contango

Have you looked at Opel Corsa/Peugeot e208? More modern cars, cheaper, and with comparable range.
10+ elbiler bak meg. Nå en '22 M3 og en Enyaq i bestilling.

Milkplus

Sitat fra: TB på torsdag 22. oktober 2020, klokken 23:16
Få tilbakekalling med i kjøpekontrakten, at selger er ansvarlig for eventuelle ekstra kostnader, eller ta tilbake bilen.

Høyst trolig vil Hyundai dekke utbedringen av batteriet, uavhengig om bilen først ble kjøpt i Tyskland, men veit ikke hva som kan oppstå. Har en det i kontrakten står en sterkere (så lenge selger "ønsker" og er i stand til å ta bilen tilbake..)

This is an excellent idea and certainly something to consider. Thank you.

Milkplus

Sitat fra: Contango på fredag 23. oktober 2020, klokken 00:03
Have you looked at Opel Corsa/Peugeot e208? More modern cars, cheaper, and with comparable range.

Yes! I actually test drove both of these on the same day. They were equally as nice but I preferred how you sit higher up in the Kona, plus it was a little bigger. Although with all this battery malarkey and it being an import, I may just end up going with the Peugeot - it's a very nice little car.

Daniel_0007

Sitat fra: Milkplus på fredag 23. oktober 2020, klokken 11:05
Sitat fra: Contango på fredag 23. oktober 2020, klokken 00:03

Yes! I actually test drove both of these on the same day. They were equally as nice but I preferred how you sit higher up in the Kona, plus it was a little bigger. Although with all this battery malarkey and it being an import, I may just end up going with the Peugeot - it's a very nice little car.

You should try the 2008 then or wait for the moka e
Model 3 2019 LR Rwd

Electric cars in Norway

Ja svarer jeg på spørsmålet til trådstarter. 39kWh er verdt pengene. Kona er en flott bil.

Men jeg blir forundret over at Tesla tilbyr 0,25% rente i DNB på Model 3 nå om dagen mens jeg ser Kona i dag på TV2 nå nettopp markedsføres med 1,99% rente!!! Se de to bildene.

Nesten 2 prosent rente. Det er for dårlig rentetilbud, slik jeg ser det. Mange velger nok å ta det på et rammelån i steden.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA