Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Ettermontering hengerfeste ikke mulig?

Startet av cheesy_09, fredag 05. juli 2019, klokken 17:52

« forrige - neste »

cheesy_09

OPPDATTERING:

We have started the petition! :D Please sign and share with as many as you can. Every signature counts!

https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/tesla-should-allow-retrofitting-a-trailer-hitch-onto-older-model-3-in-eu.html

Trailer Hitch for Europe! :+1:

------

Hei (sorry for writing in English)

I know that there are many people with the same question as me: why can the trailer hitch (hengerfeste) not be mounted afterwards? Tesla's official statement is that the EU regulations does not allow this.

I have done a lot of research on the topic. As many people already know the older Model 3s have a different "type approval" than the new ones. However, I have made extensive calls with Statens Vegvesen and the Dutch road authorities (who provide the EU-wide type approval for Tesla). Both claim that the car manufacturer can simply request an amendement to an existing type approval. This basically means that Tesla can request older type approvals to be extended, for example to allow a trailer hitch.

According to the authorities it is actually the manufacturer (in this case Tesla) that does not want older cars to be retrofitted with a trailer hitch. This could be for very good reasons, for example the chassis (and drivetrain) of older Model 3s could be substantially different than the new ones. Which is fine, but Tesla claims it is the EU that does not allow retrofitting. Not Tesla.

My question to the forum is: is anyone aware of any physical differences between the older Model 3s without trailer hooks and the new ones with optional trailer hook? (not just the software). Or any other relevant information I am missing? So far the Tesla helpdesk was not able to provide me any information.

Tusen takk!

E_S

Nope. Just Tesla policy, just like not offering hitch on the Model 3 Performance. They have even made double type approvals with and without hitch, just to block cars without it from having it retrofitted. Most other manufacturers use the same type approval anyway..
:)

cheesy_09

I really hope you are wrong. If it is 'just' Tesla policy then I would be extremely disappointed in the company. It would be a huge middle-finger to all customers that put their trust in the company and ordered before April :)

Rosstopher

Most cars that are offered with a trailer hitch will have the trailer weights in the registration (vognkort) even if they weren't sold new with a hitch. Most cars except for Tesla apparently. My Mazda RX-8 is registered with a trailer weight of 1200 kg, and has never had (and will never have) a hitch.
2021 Tesla Model Y LR
2016 Kia Soul

x 2016 Tesla Model S 90D
x 25+ fossilbiler

Reservert Cybertruck

geear

Sitat fra: E_S på fredag 05. juli 2019, klokken 18:15
Nope. Just Tesla policy, just like not offering hitch on the Model 3 Performance. They have even made double type approvals with and without hitch, just to block cars without it from having it retrofitted. Most other manufacturers use the same type approval anyway..
BMW M3 har heller ikke mulighet for hengerfeste. Samme greiene som med Model 3 Performance.

My2cents

Sitat fra: cheesy_09 på fredag 05. juli 2019, klokken 17:52
According to the authorities it is actually the manufacturer (in this case Tesla) that does not want older cars to be retrofitted with a trailer hitch.

This is correct and what I have been told also. It is Teslas way of saying to the ones that waited three years in line supporting the company to xxxx off. Maybe if enough people cared Elon would do something about it, but he is too "high" these days on Mars stuff that you can just forgeddaboudit anyways. It is the same thing with early buyers having to buy the EAP to get TACC, which they are now giving away free, thus leaving owners having payed for EAP in the shits because FSD in Norway (which EAP owners have been upgraded to) is so far away that it is useless anyways. But hey - we all believed the hype at the time man :-)

Amoss

Sitat fra: My2cents på lørdag 06. juli 2019, klokken 08:59
It is the same thing with early buyers having to buy the EAP to get TACC, which they are now giving away free, ...

Nå ja... Regner ikke akkurat de ~20.000 som de la på bilprisen når de inkluderte AP som standard som "gratis"/"free". Selv har jeg ikke noe ønske eller behov for AP overhode, og skulle mer enn  gjerne spart disse pengene for å heller ha vanlig/skikkelig CC uten noe TA foran. Så "gi bort gratis" er egentlig "gi 5.000 i rabatt til de som ønsker det, og ta 20.000 fra de som IKKE ønsker det".

Uansett koster altså AP fortsatt ~20.000 NOK selv om du ikke kan velge det bort lengre.
Model S 85D

cheesy_09

It is the same thing with early buyers having to buy the EAP to get TACC, which they are now giving away free, thus leaving owners having payed for EAP in the shits because FSD in Norway
True, that was a bad situation. Although a slight difference is that it does not lock out anyone. You can upgrade the software as much as you want, even with older Model 3s. In the case of the tow hitch they are simply saying that there is NO way of getting it. This would be fine for me if I had a reasonable explanation for this. But so far there is none.

It is Teslas way of saying to the ones that waited three years in line supporting the company to xxxx off. Maybe if enough people cared Elon would do something about it, but he is too "high" these days on Mars stuff that you can just forgeddaboudit anyways.

I don't think we need to reach Elon. But if enough people gather we could maybe talk some sense into Tesla Europe. For them it would be a matter of sending a few papers to the Dutch road authority.

On the Dutch Tesla forum I am now in the process of starting a poll to see how many people would join a petition. I will consider doing the same here. My desired outcome is to have one of the following outcomes:
1) Have Tesla allow retrofitting,
2) Or explain why retrofitting is technically not possible,
3) Or admit that this choice is a financial consideration, and not legal/technical. Thus giving its loyal customers a big middle finger.

itje

Perhaps a petition? As stated above, enough pressure and Tesla Europe might just do something about this. If we get enough ppl to sign, they will feel the pressure.

Join forces with owners all over Europe?
Something for TOCN?

If it's just a policy, it can be changed.

Perhaps a official statement from "biltilsynet" that it can be done?
2019 Tesla Model ≡ AWD, Midnight Silver, FSD, 18" Aero, Black premium. Levert: 30.03.19 - "Konebil"

2024 Tesla Model Y RWD, Deep Blue Metallic,, 19'' Gemini, Black premium. Best. 02 10.23. Bekreftet levering: 26.10.23

GOS

Sitat fra: cheesy_09 på lørdag 06. juli 2019, klokken 11:24
It is the same thing with early buyers having to buy the EAP to get TACC, which they are now giving away free, thus leaving owners having payed for EAP in the shits because FSD in Norway
True, that was a bad situation. Although a slight difference is that it does not lock out anyone. You can upgrade the software as much as you want, even with older Model 3s. In the case of the tow hitch they are simply saying that there is NO way of getting it. This would be fine for me if I had a reasonable explanation for this. But so far there is none.

It is Teslas way of saying to the ones that waited three years in line supporting the company to xxxx off. Maybe if enough people cared Elon would do something about it, but he is too "high" these days on Mars stuff that you can just forgeddaboudit anyways.

I don't think we need to reach Elon. But if enough people gather we could maybe talk some sense into Tesla Europe. For them it would be a matter of sending a few papers to the Dutch road authority.

On the Dutch Tesla forum I am now in the process of starting a poll to see how many people would join a petition. I will consider doing the same here. My desired outcome is to have one of the following outcomes:
1) Have Tesla allow retrofitting,
2) Or explain why retrofitting is technically not possible,
3) Or admit that this choice is a financial consideration, and not legal/technical. Thus giving its loyal customers a big middle finger.

I am in and will join your fight/try
Model Y bestilt jan 2020, tatt ut juni 2022
Hyundai Ionic 5 bestilt aug 2021, levert 13.01.2022
Model 3, LR AWD, MCR, FSD, svart/svart levert februar 2019, solgt juni 2022
Hyundai Kona levert og solgt februar 2019
S85 blå, levert juni -14, 2019

cheesy_09

Sitat fra: GOS på lørdag 06. juli 2019, klokken 14:56
I am in and will join your fight/try
Sitat fra: itje på lørdag 06. juli 2019, klokken 14:33
Perhaps a petition? As stated above, enough pressure and Tesla Europe might just do something about this. If we get enough ppl to sign, they will feel the pressure.
Join forces with owners all over Europe?

Great! I will get started on a petition and give an update in this forum thread. Thanks for the suggestions. Once the petition is up, we need to reach as many Tesla owners as possible throughout Europe.

Unless there are some solid arguments why this is technically not possible, I simply feel that Tesla should allow us to retrofit our NOK 500k cars :)

itje

Awesome.

I'll help "spread the word" and share the link.

Hopefully they will "see the light"  :D
2019 Tesla Model ≡ AWD, Midnight Silver, FSD, 18" Aero, Black premium. Levert: 30.03.19 - "Konebil"

2024 Tesla Model Y RWD, Deep Blue Metallic,, 19'' Gemini, Black premium. Best. 02 10.23. Bekreftet levering: 26.10.23

ok67

Er det nokon som har demontert og sjekka kva som faktisk er forskjell på ein TM3 klargjort for hengarfeste vs ein utan?
Tesla Model 3 AWD-LR 2019
iMiev 2013 som jr. har overtatt

My2cents

I am in and will spread the word - just post the link :-)

E_S

Sitat
BMW M3 har heller ikke mulighet for hengerfeste. Samme greiene som med Model 3 Performance.

Oftest er grunnen så enkel at det ikke passer fysisk med andre fangere, eksos og greier, og markedet er så lite at det ikke er noe vits i å designe et eget feste for kun én modell. TM3P er helt identisk med alle andre TM3 i karosseriet..
:)

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA