Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Struggling through CAN messages on my revived Th!nk

Startet av Marc-Hein, lørdag 24. juli 2021, klokken 19:35

« forrige - neste »

Marc-Hein

I have bought a blue non-driving 2013 lithium Th!nk City last year. After changing the TIM (Traction Inverter Module) and replacing a fuse in the PCU the car is driving again. I put in an Eberspacher diesel heater and replaced front discs and pads. The car has passed the Dutch road safety inspection. On the official Th!nk diagnosis software all cells from the battery are okay and there seem to be no problems.

Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.

There is still one problem though: the car loses power spontaneously while driving or charging. A full turn of key is enough to continu driving. While charging one can hear the relays keep on switching: not good. Now I am tracing the messages on the CAN network with SavvyCAN. I can see errors but I am unable to diagnose the underlying fault. Where does it start?

Who can help me? This image shows the problem while charging.
Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.

Here https://we.tl/t-zOuy1WKBId you can find the .trc file (of this charging process).

Thank you, Dala's EV Repair, for directing me to this forum.

worry

Forum is quite silent these days, so please be patient.
I am not able to help with the CAN messages, but my experience is that the battery often get problems because of moisture or water. Stray currents leads to different kind of failures. First wrong reports of cell voltage, later on drainage of cells and total failure of the RLEC cards.
You need to diagnose the battery with the Enerdel program, Commtool. You need the P-CAN adapter to communicate.
Think lithium

Dala

The trace file send link has expired, can you upload it to some other place?

Warlock

Sorry for not noticing this post earlier.

Did you find out of your problem, or are you still having them?
With your SavvyCAN you can interpret the files through a .dbc file. There is an old version of a .dbc-file for the Think A306 in the SavvyCAN git repository, and I'm working on expanding it to interpret even more of the CAN-messages. Let me know if you need it.

Warlock

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA