Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Store avvik på Model 3 - Elbil24.no

Startet av johniiii22, mandag 12. august 2019, klokken 20:03

« forrige - neste »

johniiii22

Sitat fra: JLafton på tirsdag 13. august 2019, klokken 09:36
Sitat fra: johniiii22 på tirsdag 13. august 2019, klokken 08:54
Sitat fra: Klykken på tirsdag 13. august 2019, klokken 08:41
Tesla doesn't "make the paint" them selves. They buy the paint from the same sources as others in the auto industry. They paint the cars inhouse of course, and choose not to paint the "non visible" parts most likely to save some cash (volume). Tho, as many others has pointed out, the paint is just cosmetic. The metal beneath the primer is also coated. The whole body is dipped in some anti corrosion substance before it's painted with primer and paint.

The metal won't corrode before the anti corrosion part is damaged. That's wear and tear and probably won't happen by it self.

But the problem in this is that 84.000 € car should not have any those issues. Paint should be perfect.
Problem is also that the paint is thin, soft and it is not durable. So we have a big mess now.

Tesla uses DURR robots, BASF painting, ppg colors ( eisenmann paint shop ).
Customers should have all cars painted.

If the cars on 2017, 2018 early cars were painted completely clearly they did cut corners after those robots burned down... :(

If the paint does have only primer or e-coat it can start to corrode like in said on goods inspection.

Link: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1JuM1HqGnEtFxQK_nLADJkqd00zxgORpO/view

It will not begin to corrode due to some lack of color paint. it is the foundation that is the important barrier here.

But take a paint thickness gauge to measure what the thickness of the primer is

It is like 10-15 microns the base i would say but nevertheless there are major problems regarding Tesla paint shop....

JLafton

But this is unfortunately a go-to for many American-built cars. So this has not only been a problem with Tesla.
But this has not been called out with the other car brands.
So when Tesla says this is common, it is in relation to American standards.

No car brands are spotless when it comes to varnish. After all, the VAG Group has been struggling with zinc release for a number of years, which is still a big problem there.
2019 Tesla Model 3 LR AWD

MikkeBoomBoom

Sitat fra: aj1240 på mandag 12. august 2019, klokken 22:35
If primer was "shown everywhere" why did you accept the vehicle in the first place?

I do see a need for Tesla to address or offer some solution for our northern special needs. However, for you to carpet bomb the internet with your specific problem gets tiresome. If you have an issue bring it to the appropriate authority and get it solve with Tesla. You circle jerking the issue around the clickbait websites only make you look like a shorter.

Probably the best respons I'v seen in a while. Joni is posting this all over the internet and he is making this a bigger issue than it needs to be. He have been called out several times for his inability to be accurate when it comes to his claims. For example he did say that "all" model 3's have this problem. Which is simply not true. What other lies have been served? I had a conversation with the journalist behind the article and made her aware of some minor errors in the article and our history with Joni. For example the first iteration stated that the Finnish Consumer Council where somehow involved in these tests, they where not. Joni and his lawyer paid  the Finnish Commerce chamber to have someone check his car. Someone who, from what I can see on his FB profile, is partial negative when it comes to EV's.

Furthermore, if you have the time to go through the report in Mummi, I mean Finnish, it states that these problems could be avoided if you mount mudflaps or foil. As already mentioned several times, but the Joni monologue-train goes on, the colour layer in the places mentioned is mostly there for cosmetic reasons. Is it bad? Yes. Should you accept delivery, probably not. Do you regret everything and use SOME and internet forums for personal gain? Most likely.

johniiii22

Sitat fra: MikkeBoomBoom på tirsdag 13. august 2019, klokken 11:52
If primer was "shown everywhere" why did you accept the vehicle in the first place?

I do see a need for Tesla to address or offer some solution for our northern special needs. However, for you to carpet bomb the internet with your specific problem gets tiresome. If you have an issue bring it to the appropriate authority and get it solve with Tesla. You circle jerking the issue around the clickbait websites only make you look like a shorter.

Probably the best respons I'v seen in a while. Joni is posting this all over the internet and he is making this a bigger issue than it needs to be. He have been called out several times for his inability to be accurate when it comes to his claims. For example he did say that "all" model 3's have this problem. Which is simply not true. What other lies have been served? I had a conversation with the journalist behind the article and made her aware of some minor errors in the article and our history with Joni. For example the first iteration stated that the Finnish Consumer Council where somehow involved in these tests, they where not. Joni and his lawyer paid  the Finnish Commerce chamber to have someone check his car. Someone who, from what I can see on his FB profile, is partial negative when it comes to EV's.

Furthermore, if you have the time to go through the report in Mummi, I mean Finnish, it states that these problems could be avoided if you mount mudflaps or foil. As already mentioned several times, but the Joni monologue-train goes on, the colour layer in the places mentioned is mostly there for cosmetic reasons. Is it bad? Yes. Should you accept delivery, probably not. Do you regret everything and use SOME and internet forums for personal gain? Most likely.

Have i said all have ? Nope. Only some certain amount.

If Tesla asswiped me i share the truth about the quality then forward in all possible ways. I love my car 110% but fact is that the paint is thin, soft and it can't handle 4 weeks driving on paved roads Mikal.

It seems you are so big fanboy that you can't withstand critics. :)

I have many videos regarding the problems and they do come from Tesla Paint shop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUo3ljwMRlY

MikkeBoomBoom

Sitat fra: johniiii22 på tirsdag 13. august 2019, klokken 13:07
Sitat fra: MikkeBoomBoom på tirsdag 13. august 2019, klokken 11:52

Have i said all have ? Nope. Only some certain amount.

If Tesla asswiped me i share the truth about the quality then forward in all possible ways. I love my car 110% but fact is that the paint is thin, soft and it can't handle 4 weeks driving on paved roads Mikal.

It seems you are so big fanboy that you can't withstand critics. :)

I have many videos regarding the problems and they do come from Tesla Paint shop.

Oh, I'm loving this :)

You said two days ago on the Norwegian Model 3 group:
"news about tesla are true paint primer shows everywhere and paint is thin & soft as tent on fremont"

Following a question to clarify that this applies to all Model 3's, you replied: Watch the video.

Prior to that there was a handful of posts where you refer to yourself  :D

As mentioned before, it sucks that you didn't catch this during delivery and that you have experienced chipping. Hopefully you'll get someone to cover it for you as a paintjob can be a costly affair. Maybe you can get a cut from the clicks of the publications using your case to get traffic?
From what I can see from the report you posted it's under finance. You probably stretched the budget far to get your dream car and hopefully this will be resolved soon, fingers crossed.

Just try to be accurate when it comes to cases like this. Don't paint with a thick brush. No pun intended :)

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA