Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap
Hovedmeny

Regarding range and charging

Startet av arichakra, mandag 30. november 2020, klokken 21:52

« forrige - neste »

arichakra

Regret I am writing in English, my Norwegian is even in worse shape.
Its almost three weeks of ownership experience of ID3 1st Plus, now getting a bit concern regarding the range I am getting. I am new to electric car world, confused about WLTP range and what I am getting in practice.
I drive mostly in city, to barnehage and shopping malls. Most driving session is less than 10 KM. Two long drive session of around 40KM so far. I use to heat the steering wheel every time I start driving and internal temperature is set to 22 degree Celsius.  Apart from this everything else is set to default. No radio or use of phone in car.
Odometer reading is 428KM so far and I already have a few charging session! Tried to capture some data as you can see in the attachments.
Request your expert comments on this. Is this something normal consumption for electric cars in Oslo in November or my ID3 is not that efficient in particular?

Any help would be appreciated  :)
Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.

2020 ---> VW ID.3 1st plus
2010 ---> Fiat Punto 1.3 MJD

TB

When driving short trips the car needs to heat up the cabin. This gives higher consumption than longer trips.

Heated steering wheel and seats uses less energy then heating of the cabin, so if you turn down the cabin temperature the consumption should be lower. But, don't turn completely of the cabin heat, it will result in condensation on the inside of the windshield.

The use of radio or use of phone in car have minimal impact on consumption.

Seems like you have only fast charge the car? The best is to charge overnight. If you don't have access to change where you park your car at home it would be a bit more complicated.
KONA Electric Long Range Premium 2024
Citroen C-Zero 2012 solgt
Hyundai KONA Electric 2019 solgt
Lørenskog

SuperPG

I drive Oslo-Rygge-Oslo = 160km each day most in 100kmt+
3000km+ in my ID.3 now.
Consumption average 20 kwt. Could easily get this lower by going slower. Im not trying to save energy. Just go my own speed. The first 35 km of my daily drive in  lower speed average is 18.5.
I would probably get around 300-320km in 0-10 degrees temp, driving on E6/E18

VW ID.3 1st plus

Komle

It's an adjustment when you start driving electric. WLTP is not a promise, it is a test done in specific conditions, so it's more of a "what you can expect under ideal conditions"-range. Your range will vary based on several different things. Cabin heat and A/C is pretty draining on the battery, try turning down your heat to 20 or 19 celsius. Outside temperature also plays a significant role, both regarding battery condition and whether your cabin might be pretty cold when you get in?

We used to drive a small electric car for many years, and we learned to preheat the car (while plugged in) and drive with minimal cabin heating in the winter to be able to get a decent range. We used to wear gloves and have seat heater on, and try not to freeze to death. :) With our ID3 we enjoy the comfort a lot more, and the range is well above what we need in our daily lives, so we are able to always keep the car at a nice 20-21 celsius + A/C. But of course, we have a charger at home, so we're not as dependent as you might be, since it seems you don't have one at home? We usually charge to 80% once a week-ish.

Edit: I'll check the consumption later today and update this then. :) edit2: consumption of about 21kwh/100  today. Oslo-area, -1 celsius outside, 20 celsius + a/c inside.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA