Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap
Hovedmeny

Checkelec

Startet av Steens, fredag 18. august 2017, klokken 01:59

« forrige - neste »

Elmo

I did a small test while charging my Saxo today, measuring the DC chargingcurrent to the battery using several different measures. DC1 gives about 10A and DC2 gives about 30A directly to the battery.
Please observe the Info picture showing that my Saxo have different preg.ver's than my P106.
Tesla Model 3 AWD/FSD 03/2019 med sw: 2023.44.30.9  og en Seat Mii 2020.
Bor i Asker. Elbilist siden 2005.
Har hatt div. Saxo/P106 som vi har kjørt tilsammen 170.000 km. Kun en P106 igjen nå.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

Steens

Thanks,
So it looks that the right scaling coefficient to apply is more something like 1.46 (rather than 1.41).
Btw, I observe also a charge at 14A and I'm very surprised to have an overcharge at 7A. I believed it was 5A according to the PSA docs and SAFT specs. Do you noticed the same ?

Elmo

Sitat fra: Steens på onsdag 01. november 2017, klokken 11:03
Do you noticed the same ?
Sorry, I did not have much time so only did the tests an recorded the vaules.
I will do the exact same "exercise" with my P106 soon, since it has different prog.ver., but I have to change some batteries first.
Har hatt div. Saxo/P106 som vi har kjørt tilsammen 170.000 km. Kun en P106 igjen nå.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

timescape

Sitat fra: Steens på onsdag 01. november 2017, klokken 11:03
Thanks,
So it looks that the right scaling coefficient to apply is more something like 1.46 (rather than 1.41).
Btw, I observe also a charge at 14A and I'm very surprised to have an overcharge at 7A. I believed it was 5A according to the PSA docs and SAFT specs. Do you noticed the same ?

Hi Steens,
Did you notice my response last on page 8. :)
could scaling coefficient be 1,5 ?

Br.

Steens

Sitat fra: Elmo på onsdag 01. november 2017, klokken 12:34
I have to change some batteries first.
Winter is coming, it's battery replacement time ;D ! (I also did some replacements last weekend :()

Sitat fra: timescape på mandag 30. oktober 2017, klokken 19:11
So can scale divide  0->150A.  ?
I always try to optimize the display on screen. The 150A was delivered by the PSA charge stations that do not exist anymore. I don't know people charging at 150A nowadays. I know that some people charge at 60A (Elmo) and read about some people charging at 80A. So I think it's not worth extending to 150A because for most of the people charging at 14A it will be difficult to see the difference between charge and overcharge (the difference will be just some pixels). So 2 solutions I can extend to a lower value (60, 80 ?). My favourite solution would be to be able to get the information from ECU if it is a fast or normal charge and then scale according to this info. I have not studied this case yet.

Sitat fra: timescape på onsdag 01. november 2017, klokken 13:34
could scaling coefficient be 1,5 ?
1,5 is too much. Look at Elmo's values and try to find the best ratio between Checkelec and Lexia colum. 1,4 is not enough. 1,46 or 1,47 is good (we need more measurements to be more precise). 1,5 is too much : 29*1,5=43,5 vs 42 on Lexia.
As we are trying to scale an ECU data, it's important to take for reference a software reading the ECU data (Lexia, PP2000) and not another data source (Amp clamp, solenoid) as we don't know the error on this source. However, the external sources are useful to confirm the Lexia data (there could be a bug !)

Steens

Hello,

the new Checkelec version V2.0 has been released since yesterday  :D.
Thanks to all the beta-testers for their contribution  ;).
As usual, your device will update the app automatically. You can also force the update manually in the Playstore.

Checkelec V2.0
  • Read and clear faults
  • Clear water need (after water top-up)
  • Keep graph data during screen rotation or menu change
  • Autodiag version taken into account for voltage scaling
  • Charge current value corrected
  • Communication with ECU improved (less communication losses, faster reconnections)
  • Correction of display bugs for old Android versions
  • Correction of miscellaneous bugs (less crashes !)
  • Danish language added (Thanks to Kasper S. Meier for the translation)
  • Portuguese language added (Thanks to Luke Lectric for the translation)
To read the faults, go in the menu "Faults". To clear the faults, just swipe them out of the screen :

To make a maintenance charge (with water top-up), go in the menu "Charge". When the dasboard light "water needed" turns on, the app will display a special page to clear the "water need".

So, with this new version, Checkelec allows you to perform all the basic operations of our old electric cars (Water refill, select type of charge, fault reading and clearing...).

Elmo

I have had the privilege of being beta-tester of the last version, and this APP is really fantastic.
Thankyou very very much for making this APP avaialble to us PSA-classic enthusiasts Steens :+1: :+1:

I have put info about Checkelec on Elbilwiki.no :)
eUp 2015 - solgt.

elektrolux

Amassing and fantastic!

Pity so many cars are now history, but good reason to keep the still good ones on the road.
Stavanger:

Selger utstyr for EV lading og energieffektivisering via http://elbilhjelpen.no AS

Har for tiden Tesla S85, Smart ED, BMW C- evolution, Carver S+, Monotrazer MTE-150, Citroen C1 EVie, div. Think og PSA Classic og City 2010 model, Chin 3 hjuler Pickup, Buddy M9 samt Vectric scooter. Venter på Microlino og Aptera #2246

Daglig leder i Elbilhjelpen.no

timescape

Hi Steens,
Grate app. !!!!

Thank you, I will be using it a lot :)

Let me know if I can request new functions for future versions ?

I noticed that it drops connection to the car if "settings" menu is active.. Is that by purpose ?
Also I have some "grammaire" corrections I have to change in Danish :)

Thanks
br.

Steens

Sitat fra: timescape på lørdag 11. november 2017, klokken 14:24
I don't promise to make everything but feel free to propose ! ;)

I noticed that it drops connection to the car if "settings" menu is active.. Is that by purpose ?
No I will try to improve that. There are also problems if you leave the app for a long time and then come back to it, the connection status stays at "PSA unreachable". You have to leave the app and come back a second time to relaunch the connection. I will also try to fix that.

Also I have some "grammaire" corrections I have to change in Danish :)
Yes, send a new version, I will include it in the next version.

timescape

Sitat fra: Steens på lørdag 11. november 2017, klokken 14:39
I don't promise to make everything but feel free to propose ! ;)

1. current graph showing opto 200A while driving.
2. Change of max ac current for charging.
It will be great if the ac current could be lowered in the app. Then it would be easier to charge from a normal house installation.
I have 3*20A at home, My PSA setting is 14A..
Then if I visit someone and they only have a normal ac outlet (13A fuse). I could easily set the car to 10A . :)

Thanks
br.

Helge

First time test with Checkelec 2 today in one of my Saxo's with the PRODIAG OBDII unit. All seemed to work fine except one thing. Checkelec lost contact with the OBDII unit and for the first time went into what seemed to be a never ending loop of trying to connect, trying to connect, trying to connect..... without succeding. Stopping Checkelec and starting it again caused Checkelec to immediately being able to connect.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Long Range (Svart)
2020 Renault Zoe ZE50 Edition One (Hvit)
2020 Renault Zoe ZE50 Intense (Svart)
2020 Renault Zoe ZE50 Intense (Hvit)
2003 Citroën Saxo Electrique (hvit)
Ex: 2003 Citroën Saxo Electrique (sølv)
Ex: 2001 Peugeot 106 Electric (hvit)
Ex: 1998 Peugeot 106 Electric (grønn)

Helge

One feature that would be really nice to have but probably is difficult to achieve(?) is clearing charging light :) when your'e out driving without having to connect the charging cable.

I have a few times a year during my 7 to 8 years with 106 and Saxo Electric experienced being unfocused and stepping a little bit too hard on the accelerator pedal when having low SOC (15 to 35 % depending on battery status - poor blocks or not). Getting the charging lights pretty much ruins the plan of even a short trip to the nearest shop etc. This morning the same thing happened. 35 % SOC should "as usual" be enough to get to the grocery store and back without problems but when I had only about 50 m left of the first and steepest uphill, charging lamps went on and the car slowed down signifficantly.

In such a case it would be great to able to reset the charging lights only once to be able to drive carefully the last distance to complete the journey instead like today turning around and driving down home  :-[ 

I have never noticed such a function in Lexia (and its anyway very impracticable to have a laptop and the Lexia adapter in the car all the time) but never actually looked for it either.

elektrolux

Bad function to have, but if you really wish to beat all warnings that you are about to damedge your battery simply disconnect and reconnect one of the main fuses.
Stavanger:

Selger utstyr for EV lading og energieffektivisering via http://elbilhjelpen.no AS

Har for tiden Tesla S85, Smart ED, BMW C- evolution, Carver S+, Monotrazer MTE-150, Citroen C1 EVie, div. Think og PSA Classic og City 2010 model, Chin 3 hjuler Pickup, Buddy M9 samt Vectric scooter. Venter på Microlino og Aptera #2246

Daglig leder i Elbilhjelpen.no

Helge

Sitat fra: elektrolux på lørdag 02. desember 2017, klokken 14:39
Bad function to have, but if you really wish to beat all warnings that you are about to damedge your battery simply disconnect and reconnect one of the main fuses.
I agree to that this is not something one lightly should do, but it may still a few times mean the difference between "getting there" or not including getting home to your own charging socket. Only four times in my 7 to 8 years with Saxo and 106 Electric I have plugged (for just some seconds) and unplugged the charging cord to get home. This got me more power and after that being VERY focused on driving carefully with low current I got home actually WITHOUT charging light lighting up in three of the four situations. I have so far NEVER experienced any battery block exploding/bursting. I have however got bad battery blocks in two of my cars and changed (from only 1 up to 3) blocks 3 times not including the two times I needed to change a few blocks just after buying these old electric vehicles cheap because of poor driving range/battery condition.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA