Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Tesla utvider - Europeisk Vehicle Distribution Hub and Regional Service Center

Startet av RunarBT, onsdag 12. desember 2012, klokken 15:01

« forrige - neste »

RunarBT

New Facility Will Serve as Final Model S Assembly Point, Vehicle Distribution Hub and Regional Service Center

PALO ALTO,CA and TILBURG, NETHERLANDS-- (Marketwire) -- 12/12/12 -- As a key step towards beginning worldwide distribution of Model S, TeslaMotors (NASDAQ: TSLA) announced today that it will begin operations this month at its new European Distribution Center in Tilburg, Netherlands.This new facility will serve as Tesla's European service and parts headquarters, as well as the final assembly and distribution point for Model S vehicles sold in Europe.General production of European left-hand drive Model S is planned to begin in March 2013.

Tesla's new 62,000 square foot facility is centrally located to enable efficient, timely and cost effective operations throughout Europe. Starting this month, the new distribution center will begin stocking parts for both the Tesla Roadster and Model S. In addition to parts warehousing, Tesla plans to utilize this facility for vehicle importing operations, final vehicle assembly and distribution, service headquarters, technical training operations, parts remanufacturing, collision repair and more. The new Tesla European Distribution Center will lead to the creation of approximately 50 jobs in the next few years.

Tesla's decision to locate the new European Distribution Center inTilburg is the result of almost two years of on-going cooperation betweenTesla, BOM Foreign Investments, NFIA (Netherlands Foreign Investment Agency),CBRE Group, Inc. and the City of Tilburg.

About Model S
Model S is the world's first premium sedan built from the ground up as an electric vehicle and has been engineered to elevate the public's expectations of what a premium sedan can be. At the heart of Model S is the proven Teslapowertrain, delivering both unprecedented range and a thrilling drive experience. With a rigid body structure, nearly 50/50 weight distribution and are markably low center of gravity, Model S offers the responsiveness and agility expected from the world's best sports cars while providing the ride quality of a luxury performance sedan. Model S has received many of the industry's most prestigious awards and accolades during its first year on the market.

Model S offers multiple battery options that set the benchmark forelectric driving range. All batteries use automotive-grade lithium-ion cells arranged for optimal energy density, thermal management, and safety.

Without an internal combustion engine or transmission tunnel, the interior of Model S has more cargo space than any other sedan in its class andincludes a second trunk under the hood. The Model S interior features a 17 inchin-dash touchscreen with Internet capabilities, allowing for streaming radio, web browsing and navigation.

About Tesla
Tesla's goal is to accelerate the world's transition to electricmobility with a full range of increasingly affordable electric cars. California-basedTesla designs and manufactures EVs, as well as EV powertrain components forpartners such as Toyota and Daimler.

Tesla has delivered more than 2,400 Roadsters to customers worldwide. Model S, the world's first premium sedan to be engineered from the ground up as an electric vehicle, began deliveries to U.S. customers in June of this year. Tesla has already received more than13,000 reservations worldwide for Model S.

Individuals interested in employment at the Tesla EuropeanDistribution Center in Tilburg should send resumes and inquiries to tilburgrecruitment@teslamotors.com.

mrjalle

Så begynnelsen av denne på telefonen tidligere: "Tesla announces European..." Og selvsagt trodde jeg det var prisene! Men den gang ei. Dettevar kjent fra før, men fortsatt et viktig skritt i retning europeiske leveranser. Så bekrefter de nok en gang mars som en kjekk europeisk Teslamåned :-)

Epleskreller

Den elektriske bilrevolusjonen har startet!

Elektrisk siden sept 13
Model X 100D og Leaf :)
(tidligere Model S 85, 85D, 70D, P85DL,  Leaf og Model X P90DL)

laumb

Kan tenke meg at f.eks. Foliebeskyttelsen, barnesetene bak, spoiler og slikt gjøres i Europa for å spare personell i USA - og få bilene raskere over..
Samme som om du bestiller en Citroën i dag, så blir bla.a. Hengerfeste montert lokalt i Norge.

_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

mrjalle

Mener også å ha hørt at batteri og bil sendes separat, og skal monteres i Nederland.

jkirkebo

Sitat fra: mrjalle på onsdag 12. desember 2012, klokken 18:10
Mener også å ha hørt at batteri og bil sendes separat, og skal monteres i Nederland.

Høres tungvint ut, siden bilene da ikke kan kjøres på/av skipet. Jeg er skeptisk....;)
Forhandler av ladestasjoner og ladekabler, se www.ladespesialisten.no
Kjører Tesla X75D fra mars 2017 og Model 3 SR+ fra oktober 2019.

laumb

Bil og batteri blir nok ikke sendt separat.
Montering sv batteripakken tar 4 minutter og 30 sekunder (de tajmer den i National Geographics videoen).
Å flytte denne jobben ut og gjøre det til en lengre jobb, som samtidig hindrer Tesla i å enkelt flytte bilen - og ikke minst - kjøre den igjennom "burn-In"/testanlegget, er rett og slett bare dumt.

Tror det blir småting og mikk-makk det er hensiktsmessig å flytte ut av produksjonen.

_____
Tapatalkin' from iTalatut.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA