Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Zebra battery, red triangle, power limit blinking, you know - the usual stuff

Startet av Damir, lørdag 30. januar 2021, klokken 17:39

« forrige - neste »

Damir

The car runs fine again.

I just hooked it up to the ZebraMonitor and there was only notice fault "Time max elapsed while AC heat", with the same date when I was re-heating the battery.

The AC heater is the heater for the battery?

jur

ZEBRA batteries lose at least 2°C per hour when idle or charging. The DC heater is fed from the battery itself and compensates this loss, but discharges the battery. The AC heater is active whenever the car is connected to mains and is also used to heat up the battery from ambient. In the operating temperature range the AC heater is capable of rising the battery temperature by at least 6°C per hour. The "time elapsed.." fault is probably a leftover from the heating-up process (took longer than 22hrs to get above 200°C).
Beware of resetting internal Iso faults: apart from possibly being an electrical hazard, some ZEBRAs with this condition have in the past spontaneously discharged their contents as white powder.
I have encountered a transient internal Iso fault with my battery too and have chosen to freeze it. 

br, Jens

Damir

Thanks. So, there is nothing to do physically nor via the diagnostic tool that could prevent another internal ISO fault from happening?

Damir

If I understood correctly, the Internal ISO fault occurs when the cells shorten out inside the battery?

Orla Pedersen

Sitat fra: Damir på tirsdag 10. august 2021, klokken 20:29
If I understood correctly, the Internal ISO fault occurs when the cells shorten out inside the battery?
Not quite right. Internal ISO fault is electrical leakage to the casing that contains the cells.
Internal Shorted cells is another matter.
Mvh
Orla Pedersen

Damir

So, there is nothing that can be physically done?
Battery dead, even if it has 180 km range?

jur

Sitat fra: Damir på lørdag 07. august 2021, klokken 14:48
Thanks. So, there is nothing to do physically nor via the diagnostic tool that could prevent another internal ISO fault from happening?
Basically correct. Bear in mind, that ISO fault detection is just measuring the current flowing between the casing and either of the battery poles and comparing it to a predefined limit. So a Riso calculated from this measurement of - for example - 580kOhms is fine, while 56kOhms are bad and trigger an internal ISO fault. The battery itself cannot be internally inspected without destroying the casing, so its extremely difficult to find out about cause and effect.

br, Jens   

jur

Sitat fra: Damir på onsdag 11. august 2021, klokken 10:41
So, there is nothing that can be physically done?
Battery dead, even if it has 180 km range?
I would call it "beyond economical repair". A said before, there are "no user serviceable parts inside".
Unfortunately, the battery manufacturer is not very cooperative when it comes to repair options for end users and would require you to send your battery to their premises in switzerland at your expense.

Jens

btw.: same situation here

BauDemo

I remember seeing someone opened the battery up and then tried replacing cells and then tried closing it ... and then another error, and another, and another... I think they gave up after couple of months, and hundreds of hours of work.
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

Damir

The battery seems as well-thought project.
It's really a shame they stopped developing it.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA