Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Is it worth buying used Model 3 with high mileage?

Startet av Milkplus, søndag 04. oktober 2020, klokken 12:55

« forrige - neste »

Milkplus

Hi all! Apologies for the English. I'm in the market for a Model 3 but am shopping around for a used one as the management (read: missus) doesn't consent to spending so much upfront on a brand new car. I'm based in Stavanger and saw this listing on Finn at a reasonable price: https://www.finn.no/car/used/ad.html?finnkode=192441006

However, the car seems to have unusually high mileage (43k+ km) for being just over a year old. This would be my first electric car (and first in Norway), so unsure if this is a red flag and if there's anything else I should be wary of? Any owners out there with similarly high KM happy to share their experience?

For reference, my typical commute is from home (Hundvåg) to work (Forus) - approx 30km round trip. With a drive to Bergen 2-3 times per year.

Counterpointer

I would think this is no problem. You have much warranty left and mileage is not very high.
As long as the price is good just go for it

ToWalkOrDrive

I think that price is very reasonable. I've just lapped 32.000 km with my TM3P, and have had no issues. The Model 3 is very easy and well built, and the battery is known to be very good (Model 3 scores well on the US Consumer Report too - best of the Tesla models). The road from Hommersåk (the seller's location) is, as you probably know, in the end of a pretty straight 8km road (from the sivilisation) with some traffic, and 60-80km/h speed limit, almost without bumps in the road, so driving on this road is probably very effortless and gentle to the car. If you plan to have it for at least some years I think it is a good buy.
Tesla Model Y                         2021-

Lapskaus

I've den one with more than 100k for sale, so 43k isn't that bad  :laugh:

Personally, I'd be more worried about the warranty expiring early because of the mileage before the five year period is up. 57k km and 4 years left is less than 15000km/year. I would like to have a little more but if you save some money it's probably worth it.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA