Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap
Hovedmeny

TM3 City

Startet av Houmand, søndag 01. mars 2020, klokken 14:40

« forrige - neste »

Houmand

Dear all,

I am considering buying a Tesla model 3. But i live in Denmark in a Apartment. I have around 200 meter walking to the nearest e-eon charger. I will daily drive it 50 km to work.

So i will not be able to home charge the car. I am little concerned how much battery i will lose in the winter periode. The Danish winter Start from November to Marts and are normal beteween 0-10 celsius degrees day time and minus 5 celsius at night. Should i be worried about that? I have been reading you can lose up to 50% of your battery.

Also how will the Tesla reliablity be, when its parked outside every day. I havent read anything good about the Tesla reliablity.

I dont know any in danmark who have a EV car and live in the city. Everyone there have a EV car live in a house and have a Garge where they can home charge.

Luftventil

Sitat fra: Houmand på søndag 01. mars 2020, klokken 14:40
Dear all,

I am considering buying a Tesla model 3. But i live in Denmark in a Apartment. I have around 200 meter walking to the nearest e-eon charger. I will daily drive it 50 km to work.

So i will not be able to home charge the car. I am little concerned how much battery i will lose in the winter periode. The Danish winter Start from November to Marts and are normal beteween 0-10 celsius degrees day time and minus 5 celsius at night. Should i be worried about that? I have been reading you can lose up to 50% of your battery.

Also how will the Tesla reliablity be, when its parked outside every day. I havent read anything good about the Tesla reliablity.

I dont know any in danmark who have a EV car and live in the city. Everyone there have a EV car live in a house and have a Garge where they can home charge.

I dont think this will be a problem at all. You will probably have to charge one or two times a week, and with 200 meters to the nearest charger you are in a good position. But keep in mind that the charger might be crowded at time, standing in queue to charge is by experience not fun.

Having the car parked outside is no problem either. You can preheat it from the app. We have our Tesla parked outside much of the norwegian winter, sometimes with temperatures down to -20. No problem. Also never heard about anyone loosing 50% of the battery in one night.

- 2015 VW E-Golf

- 2017 Tesla Model S75D

Robert E-Niro

Sitat fra: Houmand på søndag 01. mars 2020, klokken 14:40
Dear all,

Do you mean losing actual battery by leaving it out in the cold (vampire drain)? Or losing range due to the conditions.
All EVs lose range in winter (normally 15-20%), and I believe Tesla is not the worst among these. Those notorious for losing range during winter are the Nissan Leaf and the Opel Ampera-E.
As for Vampire drain, you may lose 1-2% during a cold night, and may need to spend another 1-2% to preheat the car, but the latter is made up by not spending that energy during the first 10 minutes of your drive anyway.
For more info on Vampire drain, check out Bjørn Nylands video from him parking the car out at the airport for 3 weeks: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFQQFS3XEKM&t=410s
Kia E-Niro 10/2019

Houmand

Thanks for your answers.

I did mean the vampire drain. But if i lose around 20% in the Winter periode, i should be fine. But do any of you know if the reliability, will be much worse if the car is daily parked outside?

Luftventil

Sitat fra: Houmand på mandag 02. mars 2020, klokken 22:49
Thanks for your answers.

I did mean the vampire drain. But if i lose around 20% in the Winter periode, i should be fine. But do any of you know if the reliability, will be much worse if the car is daily parked outside?

Wont be a problem. There are 50 000 Teslas in Norway, and many are parked outside all winter.
- 2015 VW E-Golf

- 2017 Tesla Model S75D

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA