Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Considering buying second hand i3 as first car - any recommendations?

Startet av Milkplus, mandag 24. februar 2020, klokken 19:49

« forrige - neste »

Milkplus

Really encouraging to hear, thank you. As commuting will be my primary use, that's what attracted me to it. Shame to hear about it not being a great family car... We don't yet have a kid, but the operative word being 'yet'. That might put a damper on plans if it's inconvenient to get a baby and a pushchair in...hmm...

Sitat fra: Klykken på tirsdag 25. februar 2020, klokken 13:44
It's not a car for families. The boot is small, and with a stroller you won't be able to fit anything else in my experience.

For longer trips it holds up fairly OK, but keep in mind it is a city-car so the handling and comfort isn't "all that" at higher speeds. In windy conditions it can act strange and wobbly too, as it is a tall car with narrow and soft wheels..

All in all its a GREAT commuter car tho, with great economy. Little to no major flaws in the design (so far) and it has been a sturdy companion in my ownership of six years. Also, no range loss yet on mine. 95000km and counting.

Klykken

We have two cars. One being the commutercar/short trips (the i3) and a Tesla Model S for the family-stuff and long hauls with baggage.

We recently bought a stroller too, Emmaljunga NXT90, and to get that in the i3 I had put down the rear seat backs. That was with the bag, sport seat and undercarriage in the car. With either the bag or the sport seat plus undercarriage you might get that to fit in the boot. You may have to remove the wheels, tho. We just use the Tesla because it's much easier to just throw the damn thing in the boot and drive without any dismantling.
BMW i3 fra 26.06.2014
TMS85D 2015 - Solgt
TMY LR 2021
Helelektrisk bilpark <3

Milkplus

Ahh, I see. Sadly a Tesla is a little out of my price range (or at least what I could get approved by the management).

Sounds like that in order to get that stroller in you had to give up actually having any space for a car seat!

I found this video that seems to show it not being too tough to get a (decently sized) pushchair in with a few additional bags, to boot. https://youtu.be/AnZ84AbgICY

I suppose this one is quite a bit smaller than yours then?

Sitat fra: Klykken på tirsdag 25. februar 2020, klokken 14:26
We have two cars. One being the commutercar/short trips (the i3) and a Tesla Model S for the family-stuff and long hauls with baggage.

We recently bought a stroller too, Emmaljunga NXT90, and to get that in the i3 I had put down the rear seat backs. That was with the bag, sport seat and undercarriage in the car. With either the bag or the sport seat plus undercarriage you might get that to fit in the boot. You may have to remove the wheels, tho. We just use the Tesla because it's much easier to just throw the damn thing in the boot and drive without any dismantling.

GringoStarr

We got the 120Ah i3 in november and use it as our only car. With two boys (5 and 2) it works fine. If you got an umbrellastroller it fits in the footwell in the backseat. The only "issue" I have with the car is that the rear doors can be challenging in tight carparks, so you might have to drop of the wife and kids before you park.

Other than that it's a great little car! We love it  :)

Milkplus

Ha! Clever about putting the stroller on the floor, I wouldn't have even thought of that. Thanks for the tip!

Great to hear that you manage with two kids, as well. I've seen a lot of people online in videos and forums talk about how the back doors can be tricky. It's a shame but I guess as long as you're aware and plan ahead it's a small price to pay for what otherwise seems to be a great car.
Sitat fra: GringoStarr på tirsdag 25. februar 2020, klokken 17:32
We got the 120Ah i3 in november and use it as our only car. With two boys (5 and 2) it works fine. If you got an umbrellastroller it fits in the footwell in the backseat. The only "issue" I have with the car is that the rear doors can be challenging in tight carparks, so you might have to drop of the wife and kids before you park.

Other than that it's a great little car! We love it  :)

Klykken

Sitat fra: Mike Priest på tirsdag 25. februar 2020, klokken 16:00
Ahh, I see. Sadly a Tesla is a little out of my price range (or at least what I could get approved by the management).

Sounds like that in order to get that stroller in you had to give up actually having any space for a car seat!

I found this video that seems to show it not being too tough to get a (decently sized) pushchair in with a few additional bags, to boot. https://youtu.be/AnZ84AbgICY

With a bit of planning and tetris-skills, and time on your hands, I guess you can get a lot more in it thsn I do. But for everyday use, this (for me atleast) isn't an option.
BMW i3 fra 26.06.2014
TMS85D 2015 - Solgt
TMY LR 2021
Helelektrisk bilpark <3

Milkplus

Fair enough. I suppose when you have a second, larger car available there's really no reason to bother trying to make it work, either.

I'm just glad that it seems it's not entirely impossible!

Sitat fra: Klykken på tirsdag 25. februar 2020, klokken 22:04
Sitat fra: Mike Priest på tirsdag 25. februar 2020, klokken 16:00

With a bit of planning and tetris-skills, and time on your hands, I guess you can get a lot more in it thsn I do. But for everyday use, this (for me atleast) isn't an option.

Ferry

Sitat fra: Mike Priest på tirsdag 25. februar 2020, klokken 06:48
Prices seem pretty reasonable for tires, especially if you're getting 80,000+ km out of the summer ones.

Not that much, I'm afraid. About half of that is with summer tires, so 40-45.000 km. More about tires here: https://elbilforum.no/index.php?topic=35509.0

PS: Don't know if you read Norwegian(?)

Milkplus

Ahh of course! Bit daft of me there haha.

Thanks for the link. My Norwegian is not great. The plan was to get the driving license this year and then get Norwegian lessons the following year. Thankfully, until then, Google Translate is my friend!

Sitat fra: Ferry på onsdag 26. februar 2020, klokken 22:05
Sitat fra: Mike Priest på tirsdag 25. februar 2020, klokken 06:48
Prices seem pretty reasonable for tires, especially if you're getting 80,000+ km out of the summer ones.

Not that much, I'm afraid. About half of that is with summer tires, so 40-45.000 km. More about tires here: https://elbilforum.no/index.php?topic=35509.0

PS: Don't know if you read Norwegian(?)

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA