Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Installing Webasto in Think City

Startet av pexic, tirsdag 28. januar 2020, klokken 15:03

« forrige - neste »

pexic

Hola amigos :)

Since my electric heater is dead (don't even tried to repair it, it may verry well have a burned fuse :)) )
I want to install a Webasto diesel heater in my Think so my wife will not compain about poor heating anymore.
I'm now in the "test phase", please find some pictures below :

worry

Hi pexic,
That's a smart move, even if it's a bit embarassing for a electric car enthusiast.  :)

One of my Thinks, and several others in Norway has a diesel heater installed. Some install the tank in the front compartment (engine bay?), mine has it below the storage compartment far rear. I like that.

I can't see your pictures. Something does not work.
Think lithium

pexic

Hi

Yes, I foud a good use for that empty space in the back :) 
Made some little progress today:

Pictures are ok, I've checked ;)

worry

Ahh, I see now. You are installing the complete unit in the back.  :+1:
We have the burner up front, and the tank far rear.
Think lithium

pexic

pexic

Hi

Now, the difficult part : adapting webasto control to "Think" heater knob and dummy button (next to hazard button)
Adapting variable rezistor to "Think" heater knob:

to be continued...

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA