Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

How to repair crack on the roof

Startet av BauDemo, torsdag 30. mai 2019, klokken 20:24

« forrige - neste »

BauDemo

I found two cracks on the roof. See attached photos.
I drilled hole to stop the crack (maybe I a bit bigger than it should have been) and am now considering how to repair the cracks. I have come up with 3 options:
- ABS gluing - there are these ABS sticks and a heatgun at the local Hornbach
- Marine silicone -
- Marine 1 component polyurethane -

Ultimately I should remove the roof and re-enforce the panel from the back with a steel grid and then fill it with something... but this is really not something I have time for. So what would be the next best thing?

Am I really only delaying the need for removing the panel and fixing this properly?

laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

Sulle

You need to fix the crack from inside because it goes under the sun roof. It's fairly easy to remove the inner liner. I used Tec7 glue and reinforced with somthing i had at hand (dried out wet tissue). Has kept the water out for nearly two years until now.
Model 3 LR 2019 - FSD, HW3
Model S 75D 2017 - FSD, HW3/MCU1
Think Li 2010
Model S P85 2013 - Solgt
Sandnes - Rogaland
Enkle, mobile ladeløsninger
https://www.eldrift.no/

mohpet

You should also make a hole in each roof corner, when taking down the inner lining.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.
2011 Think 4-seter med Lithium (ex Zebra), ESP, a/c og PTC varme
E-twow Booster 2S sparkesykkel
ex 2003 Kewet 5
ex 2020 Vespa Elettrica L3 (70 km/t)
ex Go Motorboard sparkesykkel
Asker

BauDemo

How do you take out the inner lining?
I can not seem to find that part in the repair manual.
There seems to be a reference to a screws for the lining in the repair manual.

mohpet

2011 Think 4-seter med Lithium (ex Zebra), ESP, a/c og PTC varme
E-twow Booster 2S sparkesykkel
ex 2003 Kewet 5
ex 2020 Vespa Elettrica L3 (70 km/t)
ex Go Motorboard sparkesykkel
Asker

Sulle

It's may not needed to remove the headliner completly. Start in the end where you have the crack.
Model 3 LR 2019 - FSD, HW3
Model S 75D 2017 - FSD, HW3/MCU1
Think Li 2010
Model S P85 2013 - Solgt
Sandnes - Rogaland
Enkle, mobile ladeløsninger
https://www.eldrift.no/

BauDemo

Thank you for all the advice!
I am attaching some photos.
There are 3 cracks.
It looks like I need to remove some of the rails to be able to get to the whole crack.

I am not so sure how to drill at the corners that do not have cracks without removing the sunroof arrangement - any advice?
Maybe a dremel it instead?
Also one of the crack is under a GPS antenna that is stuck with a black glue and it looks like it will break before it will give... I will try to remove it with a string tomorrow.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA