Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap
Hovedmeny

Elbil NOK 400,000

Startet av Rosie1, søndag 12. mai 2019, klokken 22:22

« forrige - neste »

Rosie1

Hi all,

I am sorry to write in English. We've just moved to Oslo recently but please answer in either Norwegian or English. Admin please delete if English is not allowed.

I've been following this forum for a while and have found it extremely useful.

We have 2 small kids. We commute around 70- 80kms every day. We live in an apartment but I can charge at work 1-2 days/nights per week. Otherwise, we would be using fast charging.

Given that we can not charge at home I narrowed down my search to cars with a long range. Our maximum budget is around 400,000. I am thinking of either Tesla SR+ or Hyundai Kona from Finn. What speaks for Tesla is that it has more storage space and the supercharger network and that we don't have to look for a private seller but I didnt like the screen that much. Kona has a 40km longer range and the quality of built seems better. What are your views?

Is there any other car I should consider? I found some 1 year old chevrolet bolts for 310000 on Finn.

Thanks a lot and sorry for writing in English. Any advice would very much be appreciated. We are new to owning a car in general and electric one in particular.

Magnus Hansen

Tror dere bør se begge bilene (og kanskje flere) med egne øyne hvis dere ikke har gjort det. Både i forhold til interiøret og ikke minst plass. Det kan fort bli trangt å ha en Kona som familiebil med to små barn. Men det kommer jo an på bruken.

Ellers er det greit å huske at feks 8 turer på 40km bruker mer strøm enn 1 tur på 320km. Spesielt om vinteren hvor det går mye strøm de første kilometerene før alt er varmet opp. I forhold til det praktiske med ikke å kunne lade hjemme.

MrGudim

A great charging network and charging speed should not be underestimated. If you spend double the time charging on slow 50kw chargers with the Kona, the effective average speed will be way lower than with the Tesla and the accompanying Supercharger network.

The rear seat legroom is also considerably smaller in the Kona, so if you need childrens' seats I think the choice should be pretty clear.
This also goes for boot space; 425 litres on the Tesla vs 300-ish on the Kona?

Prewarming the car remotely using an app or other means is not currently possible with the Kona either. Keep that in mind for cold winter mornings.

arthur

Have a look at E-niro from Kia. Basically same as Hyundai Kona but larger/more space! You will find some for sale on finn.no.
Boot space is 451 litres i.e. larger than Tesla Model3.

https://www.motor.no/tester/biltester/kia-e-niro-2019/
Miev 2014 - solgt
Kona 2018 - solgt
Kia e-Niro 2019 - solgt
Seat Mii Electric - november 2020- tilbakelevert
Hyundai Kona - april 2021
Polestar2 -desember 2022

xyzzy

If you can stretch your budget 20-30k more, you can get an e-Niro on Finn. It's a bit more practical than both - bigger than the Kona, and a mini-SUV form factor. Taller would probably mean easier to get child seats in an out than a low sedan like the model 3.

Hyundai/Kona is ranked quite a bit higher for build quality than Tesla, and Tesla is currently having severe service issues - they're currently ranked as the worst car company in business in Norway. Of course, you might get lucky and not need them.

Espen Hugaas Andersen

The biggest issue with servicing is that wait times are long for non-critical issues. Something like 4-5 months is possible. I wouldn't let this deter me from choosing the best car for my needs.

e-Niro and Model 3 have approximately the same trunk space. e-Niro has more conveniet trunk opening, though. While the other options are a lot smaller.

Model 3 has more advanced driver assistance features and less plastic-y interior. Also the infotainment is vastly superior. I would definitely go for the Model 3 over the Kona/Bolt/Ampera-e/e-Niro, based on the interior alone. But fit and finish could be a bit better, especially on the exterior.

Model 3 will be a bit noisier, but in return you get much better road feel and performance. Model 3 is vastly more performance-oriented than the other cars, while the others are more comfort-oriented. Don't know what you would prefer.

A big advantage of the Model 3 when you don't have charging at home is the power and compatibility of the charger. It takes CCS and Supercharging, 11 kW 400V three phase Type 2 and 7.4 kW 230V Type 2, so you can charge it as quickly as the other cars or quicker, anywhere they can charge plus on the superchargers. Supercharging is also significantly cheaper, and you can get 7500 km for free with a referral until may 28th. (Value approximately 5000 kr compared to CCS charging.)
Model X 100D.
Cybertruck reservasjon.

Trekkoppbil

If you can live  without awd, i think Kona and e-Niro are good options. If they are hard to find i Norway, you can look in other european countries like Sweden or Germany.  Eu trims might be different from Norwegian trims, and some of the trims have 40kwh instead of 60kwh.

Vaduz

TM3. No competition in that segment. Whichever version that gives you the most range within your budget. Nothing else really matters on those as they are extremely good vehicles no matter what configuration and you will be happy. But go with range, always:)

olavxxx

I would personally consider stretching for 3 LR + hitch.
But if its not feasible I would go for the SR+ model 3.

You will get more flexibility as then you can charge on both Tesla Supercharger as well as competitors, yet when using Teslas you can just unplug the cable and press button to open the charge port.

Then there is the thing that you can drive in the entire EU and use Tesla superchargers, so if you want to drive to Poland or whatever, its not an issue and you have less stress with figuring out how all the chargers work in all the countries, which apps to download etc.

In the Tesla you also have better grip on the road in both snow as well as curves, accelleration is also better and for highway its very efficcient due to the cars low drag.

The screen you will get used to I think, my girlfriend was driving Toyota while I was driving Tesla Model X, she didnt like the X since it was too large, so I sold it and bought 3P. Now we just carpool and she drives the 3P at work too, so she uses it more than me.

After some weeks I asked her if she had considered the fact there is no regular speedo, but she said: no..
And then I had to wash the Toyota last week and I was driving, it was really hard for me to see the numbers on the speedo, as the steering wheel was blocking then, so I had to move my head far sideways and tilt my head..

So after a while you dont think about it, most of the time you dont need to know your speed as you drive along with other cars or maybe you are stuck in traffic.. But even when you need it, you have those large numbers in your field of view.

I do believe SR+ from Tesla does not have Spotify and updates over 4g included, where as the LR will have those, still SR+ is also a very good deal. If you can stretch to 450, I would do LR+hitch... As this is a fantastic car then you can have it for many years and I think that the longer range with the hitch is a super deal for EV owners..

automat

Sitat fra: Rosie1 på søndag 12. mai 2019, klokken 22:22
We commute around 70- 80kms every day. We live in an apartment but I can charge at work 1-2 days/nights per week. Otherwise, we would be using fast charging.

Husk at hurtiglading på kaldt batteri ikke går særlig hurtig. 4 mil hjem fra jobb er ikke nok til å få varme i batteriet. I hvertfall ikke om vinteren, når man trenger det som mest. En bil som aktivt kan varme batteriet under kjøring vil være bedre. Legger man inn en Tesla Supercharger i navigasjonen vil TM3 forvarme batteriet (når den softwareupdaten kommer). Men det fungerer neppe på vanlige hurtigladere. Både TM3 og Kona har fått kritikk for å hurtiglade tregt om vinteren. (TM3 må kjøres svært langt før batteriet er varmt nok.)
Audun Torsdalen
Styremedlem Østfold Elbilforening 2022-
2014 Peugeot iOn
2017 Tesla mod X75D
2018 Hyundai Ioniq

Rosie1

Thank you so much for all your answers. This has been really useful.
We are now considering either a Tesla model 3 long range with rear wheel drive as it has the longest range (600km wltp). Even though it is 50,000NOK above what we would have liked to spend but might serve us the longest. We also have a friend who is selling their Hyundai Kona.

Is there a difference in winter between Kona and Tesla concerning the loss in range?

Do you think 3 kids in children car seats can fit in the back (ours plus a friend)?

Kia e-niro also sounds good and we hadn't considered it before but unfortunately not many cars come up on Finn.

Kaptein Sabeltann

I wouldn't worry that much about loss of range by choosing one over the other as both these cars has more than enough range in the first place. If it was me I would go for the Kona your friend is selling, given of course that you'll get a reasonable price. Keep in mind that you can (speed)charge a lot for the money you "save" by not going for the Tesla. Further, I would assume that the cost of owning the Kona will be significantly less than the Tesla (service, tires, insurance etc). I viewed both these cars yesterday and it seems to me that the Tesla has slightly more space for 3 persons in the back than the Kona, but then again; they are both approved for 5 persons....and how often will you actually drive that friend?

Myrknir

If you're not in a rush you could wait for the next Ioniq.
Good interior space is larger than a Kona. Don't know how that compares to TM3.
just below 300 km range.
The price is not yet set but its expected to be way below 400.000 nok.
I think its suppose to be available in the end of 2019.
Hyundai Ioniq 2019 Aurora Silver.
Mitsubishi Outlander 2014 PHEV.

Rosie1

Thank you all for your advice, it really helped us to decide. In the end we were able to buy the kona from my colleague. We've had it for 3 weeks now and are very satisfied. The range is even better than expected and there is enough space for our 2 kids in the back. My husband has even sat in the middle a few times and it was fine.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA