Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Renovation of front suspension

Startet av BauDemo, torsdag 25. april 2019, klokken 21:34

« forrige - neste »

BauDemo

I bought a Think that reportedly has had problem with gearbox.
So the electric motor and the gearbox (in one unit) as well as the drive shafts and the PCU are in the trunk of the car.

I am thinking of trying to reassemble the whole thing, but noticed that the ball-bearings (and some other parts around them seem quite rusty. They have been more or less exposed to the elements for about 5 years.

What would be a replacement bearing part number?
Should I look to replace more parts? Like the whole front strut?

Is it hard to do?
Would you do it, or would you just get rid of the car?

Here are some photos...

laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

pexic

Hi BauDemo

Can you first test the PCU + Motor ?
As far I know you'll need a special tool for bearing extraction.. I will not do it my self without help from an mechanic friend. 
Good luck!

Vidar_S

Sitat fra: BauDemo på torsdag 25. april 2019, klokken 21:34

I am thinking of trying to reassemble the whole thing, but noticed that the ball-bearings (and some other parts around them seem quite rusty. They have been more or less exposed to the elements for about 5 years.

What would be a replacement bearing part number?
Should I look to replace more parts? Like the whole front strut?

Is it hard to do?
Would you do it, or would you just get rid of the car?

Looks like some parts have been sitting in salt water for about 5 years ;) 

I think I would have considered replacing the whole front strut. It seems to be a pretty straight forward operation ("Chapter D - Suspension and steering" in documentation that can be found here:  https://www.dropbox.com/sh/eh3neuqwqjmcmut/AAA5vjd44TpoksiH2SatA1uEa )

You can find a used one for about 1000 NOK via https://www.nbfbildeler.no, however, I'm not sure how eager the sellers are to ship the items abroad.

If you are planning on a trip to the western parts of Norway I may be able to provide you with some parts (or a spare parts car) myself, but I'm guessing that's a bit far to drive :)

Vidar S.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA