Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Diagnostic tool needed

Startet av Catalin A, fredag 09. november 2018, klokken 08:50

« forrige - neste »

Catalin A

Hello Guys,

I just bought an old Th!nk Piv 4 with some faults that I want to get rid of them and to bring this car back to life.
I don't have many information's from the last owner only that he bought it like that.
I have two errors on the dash board :
-System fault- but could be from the safety belts that are removed for the moment.
-Charge maintenance required.

I understand from the forum that I need to refill with water the batteries but prior to that I need to initiate maintenance charges.
Since I'm new on this area I would like to ask you if you could help me and guide what kind of diagnostic tool I need to buy and from where.

Please help me out to bring this mini eCar back to life!

Thanks and regards from Sweden!
Catalin

Caspar

If you are Swedish I give it a try in Norwegian, if not lot me know and we can switch too English

Hei og gratulerer med Norsk elbil. Veldig hyggelig å høre at noen i Sverige vil være med å ta vare på de siste av disse bilene. Det er mange på dette forumet som har mye kunnskap om bilene og det er lett å få hjelp. Det som er et problem er at diagnoseverktøyet er veldig spesifikt for denne bilen (Actia-2000) og den får du ikke tak i lenger. Jeg vet det finnes en del andre løsninger som ikke er fullgode diagnosesystemer, men som gir deg muligheten til å starte vedlikeholdslading etc. Hvor i Sverige holder du til?
Remind me later..........
Toppåsveien, rett ved Kolbotn

Catalin A

Hi,

First of all thanks for your answer, my Swedish is not the best one, so please keep it in English (I'm not Swedish). Google translate is hard with translation of technical words.
I am located in Falkenberg, 100 km south from Goteborg.
What are the solutions that you are  talking about?
I really want to bring back in glory this car since are not so many left in Sweden.
It will be wonderful if you could help me with more details regarding this tools.

PRensel

Hi,

There are some easy/cheap options to get the Think diagnosed.
Like Caspar mentioned the original Actia tool is very hard to get but it is not needed at all because I broke the original Siemens software last year. So diagnosing the Siemens inverter is no problem.
Diagnosing the Charger, BMS and covering the water-service can be done with for example the Palm solution from Niko.

The problem with the 'system fault, service required' message on the dash is that it can be triggered in four ways:
- fault signal from the Siemens inverter
- fault signal from the BMS
- fault signal from the charger
- fault signal from the DCDC converter

If you remove the nose/front you can pull the DCDC plug and the charger plug to see of the fault still exists.
If so the fault is triggered by the BMS or the inverter.
In almost all cases it is the BMS that is triggering the fault because of isolation errors, low voltages or expired water service.

Regards,

Paul
===============
My personal EV collection:
----------------------------
- Audi A2 Electric
- Citroen Saxo Electrique 2-doors
- Vectrix VX1 (in different colors)
- CityEl Fact4
- MiniEl Targa/Cabrio/Basic: red, red
- Th!nk A266 PIV4 (also for sale)
- Th!nk A306 City (cars, parts, service)
===================

Catalin A

Hi Paul,

I had the charger out to check it and that "system faul" appear on that time .
Maybe is needed only a reset of the system.
How can I get/buy  that Palm solution?
An for sure the water service is expired since the car was ded for 2 years.

Thanks
Catalin

PRensel

Here's Nikos website, the EV monitor is on the bottom of the page. Contact him to see what is possible.
If you need a Palm device just let me know and i'll get you one for free but you need the serial cable also.

https://www.evmonitor.info/#!
===============
My personal EV collection:
----------------------------
- Audi A2 Electric
- Citroen Saxo Electrique 2-doors
- Vectrix VX1 (in different colors)
- CityEl Fact4
- MiniEl Targa/Cabrio/Basic: red, red
- Th!nk A266 PIV4 (also for sale)
- Th!nk A306 City (cars, parts, service)
===================

Catalin A

Good morning,

I was trying to get in contact with Nikolay without success.
Can someone guide me how I can reach him to ask about a Nikkometer?
I really need that interface to have a starting point of troubleshooting of the car.

Thanks in advance
Catalin

Владимир .

Hello, i am from Latvia. need diagnostic tools too. pls help

Catalin A

Hello guys,

I have good news, this evening I was able to start the car.
On the weekend I removed the batteries from the car and found out that the nominal voltage in all 19 batt was 18.5V. So I was charging them in pairs of two until all of them goth 6.8v. Now with ~128vDc I was able to move the car for the first time. Now the car is charging with own charger. I also placed an order for a interface to try the communication with BMS to remove the error regarding "maintenance charge requires"

Regards
Catalin

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA