Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Replace Zebra with Nissan Leaf cells?

Startet av BauDemo, mandag 09. juli 2018, klokken 19:01

« forrige - neste »

BauDemo

I have been thinking of replacing the Zebra battery in a Think with Nissan Leaf battery.
I have documented my thoughts on the subject here:
https://www.evmonitor.info/2018/07/think-a306-battery-box.html

What do you think?
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

jur

Hi BauDemo,

nice concept, I would rather like to give a try for my car (dead zebra). Here some of my ideas:
I have checked with my car and have found the free height in the battery compartment to be only approx. 300 mm. So I would recommend the "laying battery" variant in order to accomodate the cell contactors which would add to the cell length of 303 mm.
Some space allowance should also to be made for a closed battery box as the battery tray is open to the elements.
I would also consider splitting the cells not 24 / 24 but - for example - 22 / 26 in order to keep the area under the maintenance hatch free.

Last not least: what kind of BMS could be used, the original one with some glue logic or do we need a new design?

Regards,
Jens

BauDemo

Thanks for all the ideas!

I am considering the path of least work needed.
That includes using as much as possible from the nissan leaf pack, and was thinking of just relocating parts and using it as is - BMS, contactors, everything. This would allow for simple integration between the car and the new battery.
The photos of the nissan leaf packs I have seen show that there is a row of 24 modules at the back and then two "lines" with batteries towards the front. I would like if possible to reuse all the interconnects in the pack too, but have not come as far as figuring this out.
I like the idea of using the inspection opening - maybe that would be the best placement for the emergency disconnect.
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

ef

Alle leaf batterier får plass i originale kasse. men har det ikke klart hvordan data kommunikasjon mellom bil og Zebra BMS  :)

jur

Zebra-BMS kan sandsynligvis ikke bruges videre pga for store forskeller mellem ZEBRA og Lithium. Måske er det muligt at benytte et Leaf-BMS sammen med en "translation device" som oversætter mellem Think-CAN og Leaf-CAN.

Jens

Orla Pedersen

There will be "a man in the midle" needed, that is, a device that emulates Zebra BMI to the car, and emulates "Nissan Leaf" to the battery BMS. We do know most, if not all, of the communication between Zebra and Th!nk, I have startet programming the Duinomite/Nicometer for the purpose, but have been distracted by other work and healt issues, may start again in some months time.

For the Leaf battery and BMS some people have done great work on sorting the CAN messages out, https://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?t=11676

My plan as so far, is to share the common variables, voltage, SOC, amps, etc. and translate to the CAN-bus. With a litle luck Th!nk and Nissan don't share CAN-addresses, if so, we don't even need separate busses.  :)

Still a lot of work  ;D
Mvh
Orla Pedersen

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA