Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Simulating BMI

Startet av BauDemo, mandag 31. oktober 2016, klokken 15:43

« forrige - neste »

Søren Nielsen

Any news in the simulation software ??

Orla Pedersen

Jeg er ikke kommet videre med mine ideer endnu, af mange grunde, (prioriteringer ikke mindst). Jeg ved ikke om andre har udviklet siden sidste indlæg.

Not much progress in my project due to several reasons, (priorities). I have no idea if anyone else have worked on the idea since last post.
Mvh
Orla Pedersen

Lukáš Kvasnica

Hi all,
one year ago I bough Citroen Berlingo Venturi originally powered by Zebra battery but without battery itself.
I spent lot of time to get all information about Zebra battery BMI and my colleagues and I was able to build compatible LiFePO4 replacement. I realized that something like Zebramonitor software exist but I am not able to find it anywhere. If anyone of you have it could you provide it to me? I would like to test our BMI against it. Anyway if you are interested about our work lets see it there https://www.wernherd.eu/.

Thanks

pexic

Hello everyone

This is my first post on this forum threfore some quick info about me/my Th!nk:
- I'm from Bucahrest - eastern europe
-I just bought a black defective think A306 from Austria
-My English is far from perfect, sorry in advance for that.

My big plans are:
-repair the actual battery pack
-remove the electric heater and install a webasto under the driver seat.
-replace and relocate the 12V battery. Relocate somewhere in the former electric heater place, replace with LTO battery (Lithium tithanate) 5 or 6 cells in series - 20-30Ah capacity.
-after repairing the actual deffective battery I plan to emulate the BSI and install a new battery  (LTO)
why LTO ?
>20.000 cycles
>works very well at -20...-30 celsius
>highest current / fastest charge (I have charged one 30Ah cell with 200A many times without problems)

Anyway I will try to make different topics/posts for each modifications.

Back to the actual topic : I want to know if the people who actually done this beatifull job (emulating BMI/BSI) are still active on this forum and if they whant to share/sell their work progress.
I "think" this is the best solution for keeping our Thinks on the road.

Sorry for this long post and please forgive my very limmited english vocabullary, I'm also very sorry that I cannot speak Norvegian language, for me it sound like a "only for real men" language :)

Have a nice evening/easter!

pexic

Hello

I dare to add here my idea related to this subject since I see little movement in the past year :)
I want to build an RLEC simulator (so to keep the actual working MLEC board to do his job).
The Rlec simulator will clone all 16 Rlec boards using an arduino + canbus shield boards.
I'm begginer on the Arduino field but I'm not afraid to work&learn.

What I want to do exactly :
-This Arduino + canbus shield boards ( let's call them Rleclone  :) )  must feed the MLEC board with necessary info : voltage of cells, voltage of packs, temps and ...anything else or that's it ?
-Separate and stand-alone bms for the cells.

For this I've started to study the CAN comunication between MLEC and 16xRlec boards.
As far I read only some info are useful for MLEC , not all ( for example only "filtered" voltages )
so it should not be so complicated...
I will use Rleclone to measure one single pack voltage (44volts average) and send this value to MLEC for all 16 packs.
Meaning that all 16 packs will have the same pack voltage (and cells voltages) in the eyes of MLEC board.
For "filtered" cells voltage I will simply divide the pack voltage by 12 in the software :)
Same idea for temperatures.
I can do that since the future stand-alone BMS will work continuosly to keep all cells voltages egual.

Thanks in advance for your feedback & help.

pexic

Hello friends

I've captured the start communications (via internal Enerdel battery CAN) between MLEC and RLEC's

Please see attached file (remove .txt extension) :
Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.
I think this is the color code:
Violet - broadcast MLEC requests
Grey - MLEC request addresed to a specific RLEC board
Light Blue - RLEC broadcast  (ignored by MLEC - so not mandatory)
Green - specific RLEC response to MLEC requests (mandatory)

Please tell me if you think oitherwise ;)

Thank you

worry

Hello pexic!
I'm sorry to say I can't give any help or comment, as I know little about electronics and data.
But I follow your project with great interest. I have a functional Li-battery, but most of my RLECS are gone.
Keep on, and tell us what you find. Thank you.
Think lithium

pexic

Hi Worry, thank you  :)  I'm working on it, our friends , the Chinese from aliexpress :) sent me the hardware and I will start testing very soon :)

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32647794351.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.73fa4c4d2CZl4I
+
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32697443734.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.27424c4dU0GohT

Regards!

pexic

Attached is the draft of my flowchart  :)

The 400V-250V battery voltage range will be conevrted to 2,5 - 4.2v isolated voltage for arduino AD input.
This will be "The cell voltage" reported by arduino for all cells
The pack voltage (44,4V) will be also reported by arduino but basically will be cell voltage multiplied by 12 and this will be made "software" style ;)
In this way I can put any type of cells ("battery"), not only Li-Ion, because in reality I only measure the whole pack voltage (400-250v)

Thecell balance and cell monitoring, as I said, is a separate job (see my previous posts).

Regards
Viorel V.

pexic

Ok, the hardware is here.

But... my battery is working perfectly after Rlec modifications so it will take some time till I'll test the Rlec clone, untill then i will start learning arduino ;)
I'll keep you posted.

krakalas

Hello,

My Think with zebra battery just died with internal iso error. I just bought this car one month ago, and hoped it will serve for this winter, but apparently I have lost this lottery  :(. so I am investigating my options.

Sorry, this is going to be a long post. And thank you for any info in advance, I promise to share my entire process.

My first idea is to change the ZEBRA battery to something else, I am thinking about lithium (LiFePO4) approx. 10kwh - this should be enough for my daily needs. So I probably need to reprogram PCU (gen1) or build a zebra emulator - this one seems easier, so here is how I've got here :)

I've read your discussion and I am wondering did any of you have had any luck?

Before starting, I have a lot of questions. I have sniffed the CAN bus while driving the car (but not while charging it). This communication seems to be quite straight forward. So in short, zebra emulator would read info from lithium BMS (voltage, current, SOC, max charge voltage/current, what else?) and translate it to CAN for the car (informing the car that OK you can charge(regen) and/or discharge the battery).

But this is just a beginning, there are few more things to consider:

•   Voltage. What is a suitable voltage range to drive a motor for PCU (gen1) not to complain? For charger? Maybe I can even lower this voltage (so I would gain more range in exchange for power)?
•   Charging, how it is done - what are the communications? (I didn't trace this) BMI sends the max voltage/current allowed and that's it? Do you have a communication trace?
Why there is a connector to mains on the BMI? I suppose for battery heating and not for charging?
•   ISO testing. The isolation tests are there for our safety. I understand it is done by battery BMI? Do you know of any end product for this?
•   What else I have missed?

Thank you for any info
Regards!

pexic

Hi Krakalas and welcome

- Lifepo4 is not ok in cold climate, especially when charging/regen below zero Celsius.
I think this Li-ion LG Chem cells will do a better job : https://www.aliexpress.com/item/4000354529174.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.648f2e0eh4U625
I can share with you the contact of one chinese suplier who sell these cells with approx 30eur/piece (shipping to EU and import tax included).

krakalas

Hi Pexic!
Thanks for your answer. The price seems very good for these cells (30 eur for 60AH), it is basically the same AH as original battery. How many of them in series are required?

And of course, please share the contact with me, maybe I'll buy some for testing.

I am also a bit worried about Max Continuous Discharge Current which is 60A, would this be enough? My driving trace shows as much as 120A, but only for couple of secs while accelerating.

Regarding LiFePO4 - maybe it is worth considering warming them up just before driving if the temperature drops below 0?

Anyway, before buying the cells I need to find out the answers to all other questions :)

Wizard1330

God ettermiddag!
Jeg har en Think City-bil med Zebra-batteri.
Jeg har 2 feil på batteriet:
1.30210 "Systemfeil, defekt oppdaget"
2.30230 "Intern isolasjonsfeil".
Jeg leste om "Zebra simulator" på forumet.
Kan du fortelle meg hvordan jeg lager Zebra-simulator med Arduino?

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA