Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Tesla route planning -- Kan du hjelpe meg?

Startet av Danada, søndag 27. mars 2016, klokken 15:52

« forrige - neste »

Danada

Hei — Jeg håper at samfunnet ikke ville tankene å hjelpe meg ut. Eg pratar ikkje bra norsk.

I'm getting married in a few months (June/July) and we're taking our honeymoon in Norway. Our plan is to rent a Model S from Hertz in Oslo to tour around.  I've never driven a Tesla before, so I'm hoping this won't be too complicated. I think our route goes along most of the superchargers; if not, we'll be looking to use whatever else might be closest.

1. Looking at http://www.ladestasjoner.no/hurtiglading/hurtigladekartet, other than the Tesla chargers, which other chargers can I use? Type 2? Combo? CHAdeMO?
2. Are EV's still allowed to drive on toll roads for free?  I checked http://www.autopass.no/en/visitors-payment and couldn't find any information about electric vehicles.
3. For charging stations that are not superchargers, how do you pay to use the charger?
4. Should I sign up for the "Charge & Drive" program? Am I going to need a mobile phone to use this?

This is our itinerary that we're thinking of doing:

Day 1 — Arrive from Canada. Pick up car is Oslo, drive to Lillehammer (tour and charge up again), drive to Dombas (charge and spend the night).
Day 2 — Drive to Trondheim. (Supercharger)
Day 3 — Drive to Kristiansand. (Supercharger)
Day 4 — Drive to Alesund. (Supercharger)
Day 5 — Drive to Geiranger.  (Not sure, has anyone charged here: https://chargemap.com/points/details/norsk-fjordsenter)
Day 6 — Drive to Sandane. (Supercharger)
Day 7 — Drive to Flåm. (Supercharger), then continue to Bergen
Day 8 — Stay in Bergen
Day 9 — (Unfortunately) Leave car in Bergen and do Norway in a Nutshell back to Oslo.
Day 10 — Depart back to Canada.

I don't think we'll have any problems with range driving from Supercharger to Supercharger, my concern all the side trips that we do. I presume we'll still need to charge up at other stations.  I know it's a lot of driving for a short period of time, but I think this will allow us to see the most and use the SC network to our advantage.

Any recommendations are definitely welcome. Also, if you can suggest anything specific to see along those routes I would definitely appreciate it.
Takk!
-Dan.

petersv

Check out http://www.visitnorway.com/

About renting a Tesla, have a look at www.nabobil.no , Teslas are much cheaper to rent there for a week than at Hertz.

Charging and driving a Tesla is a breeze, nothing to worry about.

Tekberg

Here are som good informations: http://www.tocn.no/tourist-in-norway-in-an-electric-car/
The two biggest chardemo offering companies is

http://gronnkontakt.no

And

http://www.fortum.no/privat/chargedrive/

Most of the hotels i Norway have a posibility to charge on normal 16A. But i would bring a type2 cabel as well with me.

Have a nice trip, and enjoy!
S85 levert mars 2014 solgt 2017
S60D mars 2017 solgt sept 2017
X75D sept 2017 solgt oktober 2019
X100 oktober 2019 solgt juni 2021
Model 3 juni 2021 solgt des 2023
Model Y september 2022
Polestar Januar 2024
Kia soul november 2018 solgt oktober 2022

Tekberg

S85 levert mars 2014 solgt 2017
S60D mars 2017 solgt sept 2017
X75D sept 2017 solgt oktober 2019
X100 oktober 2019 solgt juni 2021
Model 3 juni 2021 solgt des 2023
Model Y september 2022
Polestar Januar 2024
Kia soul november 2018 solgt oktober 2022

o.b.lix

Sitat fra: Danada på søndag 27. mars 2016, klokken 15:52

Day 3 — Drive to Kristiansand. (Supercharger)

I assume you think of Kristiansund - with "u". Kristiansand with "a" is a different city right at the southern tip of Norway. Important to see this difference to avoid mistakes.
«Vi må passe oss for å overinvestere i vei»
2022 AWD Ioniq 5 / 2017 Model X 90D (HW3 + MCU2) / 2019 Leaf Tekna 40kW
2015 Tesla model S 85D (Ap1.0) / 2014 Leaf Acenta 24kW

SunSeeker

Hi, and nice to hear that you will visit Norway, and a cool honeymoon.
1: You can use Type 2, and also Chademo IF you have a chademo adapter.
2: Yes, EV can drive "for free" at toll roads if it has a "bombrikke"
    If it`s a rental car, it will most likely be included and allready mounted.
3and 4: I`m not quite sure how this works in Norway( I have a membership at "grønn kontakt" and swipe my membercard when I charge) For Tourists I assume you can call the telefonnumbers that are listed at the Chargers, and they open it OTA for you after payment information is confirmed (VISA/Mastercard)

As O.b.lix pointed, I think you ment Kristiansund. For the trip to Ålesund, you can stop at Aspøya Supercharger (outside Kristuiansund).  In Ålesund there are NO superchargers, only one(at the moment) 22kW Type 2, but 2 Chademo if you have the chademo adapter. You will need some "juice" to get to Geiranger from Ålesund, but I assume you can get faster charging at the Tesla Service Center(not sure if they have gotten their workshop supercharger yet, but they have 22kW for free)
In Geiranger you have two possible Type 2 chargers. At the Fjordcenter and by the Geiranger hotel.
That's the only info I can contribute.

Danada

I definitely did mean Kristiansund, and not Kristiansand. Sorry about that!

Thanks for the info about the Geiranger charger. We really want to stop there, but wasn't sure about charging options.

@petersv -- I did check out Nabobil, I'm still working with support on the website to get my Canadian license approved on the site.

Also, it looks like we'll just pick up and drop off in Oslo. We wanted to drop off in Bergen, but I don't think it makes sense, and it will be quite expensive to do so.

Thanks for all the replies!

petersv

Good, just make sure you rent an 85kWh S, not 60kWh.

Danada

I haven't heard back from Hertz yet, but I suspect it might be a 60kWh. On the Avis website, they list their rental as a Tesla Model S 70D.

I'm working on a list of questions to send to Hertz so I know what to expect.
For example:
What kind of Model S is it? 70D, P85D, etc?
Do they include any adapters? CHAdeMO, etc?
Do they include any Fob/RFID to recharge the car at different stations?

ksandal

at nabobil.no you may hire a tesla Model 85D for same price i think :-)   
and your Route to Geiranger is no problem.  i drive geiranger Bergen in one route witout charging.  And the charging in geiranger is super :-)
mvh Kjetil
Bergen
85D & X90D

jim3cantos

Sitat fra: ksandal på onsdag 20. april 2016, klokken 10:37
and your Route to Geiranger is no problem.  i drive geiranger Bergen in one route witout charging.  And the charging in geiranger is super :-)
Hi, what charger do you use at Geiranger? And do you need a specific card or you can use credit card or something else? Thanks

jim3cantos

Sitat fra: SunSeeker på mandag 28. mars 2016, klokken 11:52
Hi, and nice to hear that you will visit Norway, and a cool honeymoon.
1: You can use Type 2, and also Chademo IF you have a chademo adapter.
2: Yes, EV can drive "for free" at toll roads if it has a "bombrikke"
    If it`s a rental car, it will most likely be included and allready mounted.
3and 4: I`m not quite sure how this works in Norway( I have a membership at "grønn kontakt" and swipe my membercard when I charge) For Tourists I assume you can call the telefonnumbers that are listed at the Chargers, and they open it OTA for you after payment information is confirmed (VISA/Mastercard)

As O.b.lix pointed, I think you ment Kristiansund. For the trip to Ålesund, you can stop at Aspøya Supercharger (outside Kristuiansund).  In Ålesund there are NO superchargers, only one(at the moment) 22kW Type 2, but 2 Chademo if you have the chademo adapter. You will need some "juice" to get to Geiranger from Ålesund, but I assume you can get faster charging at the Tesla Service Center(not sure if they have gotten their workshop supercharger yet, but they have 22kW for free)
In Geiranger you have two possible Type 2 chargers. At the Fjordcenter and by the Geiranger hotel.
That's the only info I can contribute.
Can you confirm that there is a free 22kw charger at Tesla SC in Alesund? I can't see it in any charging map.  Also do you know the methods to pay in the 22kw chargers in Geiranger? I'm going to do a similar road trip with a P95 rented in nabobil. Thanks

jim3cantos

Sitat fra: jim3cantos på mandag 04. juli 2016, klokken 22:45
Sitat fra: ksandal på onsdag 20. april 2016, klokken 10:37
Hi, what charger do you use at Geiranger? And do you need a specific card or you can use credit card or something else? Thanks

...following Øggen tips (via p.m., thanks again) I recharged without problems at Union Hotel in Geiranger. They have three 22kW chargers where you can pay in the reception: 50 Kr for a few hours. 100 kr for a whole day.

In Alesund (Spjelkavik in fact) I had to recur to Gronn Kontakt chargers in Amfi Moa center because I wasn't able to charge at BEST WESTERN Baronen Hotell. They told me in advance that I could but when we arrived the said the contrary, that they didn't have any plug for electric cars.  >:(

Øggen

Nice to hear it worked.
Hope your honeymoon goes smoothly as well
P85, pearl white,  Solgt
S85D Mid.grå, Grå Next gen, Alle ekstra...Avgått med døden
S85D  Titanium, Grå Next gen foran og bak, matt obeche,+++  Solgt
X75D Med alt......
Model YP quicksilver/hvit, FSD
CyberTruck TriMotor/FSD reservert.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA