Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Questions regarding charging-new Think owner

Startet av Catalin A, torsdag 22. november 2018, klokken 09:19

« forrige - neste »

Catalin A

Hi,

First of all I just bought a Think that was standing still for long time.

- I was able to remove the batteries from the car during the weekend  and after measurement of the voltage I've seen that the nominal voltage on the batteries was 18.7V,I refill them with around 2 liters of distillate water and   recharge them external in pairs of two until I goth 127vDC (~6,6 per battery).
-Yesterday evening I install back the battery pack on the car and I was able to move it, all other components are working
-I was connecting the car to the power supply to charge the batteries with his own charger around 19 o'clock but in this morning the light in the dash was still blinking (after 11 hours). When I was opening the door of the car  in the morning I could hear some relays in the battery box connecting and disconnecting sequentially.

Do you know if that is the normal way of charging (connecting and disconnecting the relays)?
Do you also remember if the Power meter during charging is rising or all the time is at 0? I let the car connected to the socket and I unplug it around 10-11 o'clock, I'm thinking since the batteries was really discharged it will take more time that normal to charge. I also understand from the forum that the batteries will be charged on 70-75% when you have ''maintenance charge required''.
What is the normal time for the car to charge to 100%?

Thanks in advance
Catalin

Catalin A

One more question I have regarding the green car that is blinking now when I try to start the car. Do you experienced something like that? what could be the reason.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.

Catalin A

Sitat fra: Catalin A på torsdag 22. november 2018, klokken 10:10
One more question I have regarding the green car that is blinking now when I try to start the car. Do you experienced something like that? what could be the reason.Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.

BauDemo

I think at some point after the error for maintenance charge the charging is disabled untill you reset the parameter.

The car monitors the 12V battery voltage and will start the DCDC converter to charge the 12V battery from the tracktion battery when the voltage is below certain value. This value is 11.5V if I remember correctly.
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

Catalin A

Thank you BauDemo for the answer.
Hopefully soon my KL serial cable and the Palm will arrive.
Looks like Sweden is too far away from Germany for the cable and the same from Portugal.  :D :D
I really want to make the interface to reset that error.

BauDemo

Yes, an adapter would make it much easier to find what is going on.
BTW, are the photos in your first post supposed to show womething different? Now they are showing 5 times the same photo.   

Catalin A

Yes, supposed to be pictures with the charger and the new capacitors inside.
I tried to delete them and upload the right pictures but all the time I get an error from the page.
I replaced the capacitors not because was defect but because the temp inside the charger made the plastic cover of the capacitors to shrink a little bit.

elektrolux

Sitat fra: Catalin A på torsdag 22. november 2018, klokken 09:19
I refill them with around 2 liters of distillate water and   recharge them external in pairs of two until I goth 127vDC (~6,6 per battery).

Theese batteries should have been charged before water filling, not after.

Result now is too much water in battery, and next full charge they will flow over loosing the consentration of elektrolut. Battery will survive this but its not good for capasity and life.

If possible try to avoid full charge of battery next year, and stop charge as soon as you see any overflow of water.
Stavanger:

Selger utstyr for EV lading og energieffektivisering via http://elbilhjelpen.no AS

Har for tiden Tesla S85, Smart ED, BMW C- evolution, Carver S+, Monotrazer MTE-150, Citroen C1 EVie, div. Think og PSA Classic og City 2010 model, Chin 3 hjuler Pickup, Buddy M9 samt Vectric scooter. Venter på Microlino og Aptera #2246

Daglig leder i Elbilhjelpen.no

Yeyeye

And for the green car blinking, just close the doors before more trobleshooting. Been fooled by this myself ;).
Trondheim
Think classic 2002,Think classic 2001(tidligere Gråtass)
Nissan Leaf 2016 30kWh

Catalin A

Thank you all for the answers, looks like for the moment I just need to wait for all the necessary parts for the interface to be able to reset the Maintenance charging and pray to not loose to much water.
After that I need to book the car for Besiktning.

BauDemo

I would consider what elektrolux wrote.

Maybe be close to the car while it charges the firs time so you can see and stop the charge.
Then you will have a reference point and would be able to stop the charge with a timer.

I have been reading of HV leakage problems after such events - and then it is a lot of work to get things back in working order.

Catalin A

Thank you for your advice guys. I will do that.
This are my firs readings with Nikometer  :) :) (thanks Nikolay for  advice's).
What do you think?
Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.

hardysoft

Sitat fra: Catalin A på torsdag 29. november 2018, klokken 10:45
Thank you for your advice guys. I will do that.
This are my firs readings with Nikometer  :) :) (thanks Nikolay for  advice's).
What do you think?
Du kan ikke vise dette vedlegget.

Hi,  where I can buy the Nikometer? I have a Think City , I from Hungary.

Catalin A

Hi,

I think you need to build one.
I did the same with mine thanks to Nikolay, now I'm able to use it.

hardysoft

Sitat fra: Catalin A på mandag 03. desember 2018, klokken 11:27
Hi,

I think you need to build one.
I did the same with mine thanks to Nikolay, now I'm able to use it.

Can you write me how buy the measuring device? I Don't know who is Nikolay!

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA