Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Tesla powered think

Startet av motorulf, torsdag 27. september 2018, klokken 13:04

« forrige - neste »

motorulf

Tittel för uppmärksamhet   :P

Nu har Zebran dragit sin sista suck, internal isolation fault, som återkommer några minuter efter jag resettar felet.
Så nu ska den gamla idisslaren ut.
In kommer tesla-pack från en MB B-class electric.
Jag tänker använda denna för styrning av packet. https://github.com/tomdebree/TeslaBMSV2.
Tänker mig även att använda den för CAN-kommunication mot thinken.

Laddare blir 3st Brusa NLG som jag har liggande, 3fas 11kw laddning alltså.

En sak som är osäker är om 310V i teslapacket kommer att räcka till.
Kanske tycker PCUn i thinken att det är för lågt.
Men jag ska testa i vilket fall och se hur det går.
Jag återkommer   :o 8)

motorulf

Är det någon som blir glad av en bygglogg-videoserie?
Jag funderar på att dokumentera projektet på youtube...

Det gammla bogseras ut.

12 av dessa ska in

Jag gjorde en mock-up av kartong, för 11 av 12 moduler, och man ser ju att det finns eoner av plats  8)
Var den 12e ska är ett framtida problem  :D

BauDemo

310V should be ok.

The Zebra can sag to 260V during driving... see the graph here:
https://www.evmonitor.info/2018/07/zebra-battery-profiling.html

How about CHAdeMO charging?
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

motorulf

Ah!  Good to know  :+1:
Yeah, chademo would be nice too, i don´t know how to do that though.
Do you have any suggestions? :)

PRensel

Hi,

I'm working on the same kind of project but instead using a full Nissan Leaf package.
It will physically fit perfect and I want to reuse the original Zebra BMI module connected to the Leaf cells instead of the Zebra cells. In theory it should work, only thing is that the Zebra BMI wants to heat up something and is using the same DC heater to measure the battery condition while charging it. So this needs some work to think about...
===============
My personal EV collection:
----------------------------
- Audi A2 Electric
- Citroen Saxo Electrique 2-doors
- Vectrix VX1 (in different colors)
- CityEl Fact4
- MiniEl Targa/Cabrio/Basic: red, red
- Th!nk A266 PIV4 (also for sale)
- Th!nk A306 City (cars, parts, service)
===================

motorulf

Ah!  OK  :) cool idea!

Will you bottom balance the complete Leaf pack before putting it in or what are you thinking about balancing?
I am just a bit worried that if you use the built in charger without balancing, it would maybe increase the difference between the strongest and the weakest cells over time. And in the end damaging the weakest cell.
Or do you use the Leaf BMS for that part?

I don´t know enough about Leaf cells or the onboard charger to express any doubts about it really.
I am just curios and want to learn from all sources  :)

Caspar

Kult prosjekt, jeg kjører med VW eUp batteri i en Classic. Holder på med godkjenningsprosessen i forhold til Trafikkstasjonen nå. Men du holder kanskje til i Sverige og der er reglene vel litt mere liberale? Uansett så er det viktig å få på plass løsninger som kan gi disse bilene et nytt liv.
Remind me later..........
Toppåsveien, rett ved Kolbotn

motorulf

One question and a small update...

Q: If i switch to fastFW do i need to change this fuse? It seams a bit small for 50kw or whatever the fastfw supplies.

Update:
I have rebuilt the battery tray with some square tubing and screwed 11 of the modules to those.
The 12th is laying flat on top of the others. I will build some angled brackets to hold it in place on top of those aluminium bars. This will fit if i move 3 of the BMS-slaves. Easy to do, i just need to solder longer wires to the connectors and bolt the PCBs to something else.
The aluminium bars need to be shortened as they are to long to fit under the car.
Also, the simpBMS is communicating as it should, though 1 of the 2 reported temperatures is wrong. That's ok, i only need to use one.

motorulf

Sitat fra: Caspar på torsdag 04. oktober 2018, klokken 10:43
Kult prosjekt, jeg kjører med VW eUp batteri i en Classic. Holder på med godkjenningsprosessen i forhold til Trafikkstasjonen nå. Men du holder kanskje til i Sverige og der er reglene vel litt mere liberale? Uansett så er det viktig å få på plass løsninger som kan gi disse bilene et nytt liv.

Ja, jag är i sverige och här bryr man sig inte så mycket om just kemin i batterierna.
Det är för att sverige är ett U-land när det kommer till elbilar och byråkratin har inte hunnit ikapp ännu.
Men det kompenseras med väldigt mycket byråkrati på andra plan  :)

BauDemo

Sitat fra: motorulf på tirsdag 09. oktober 2018, klokken 19:14
One question and a small update...

Q: If i switch to fastFW do i need to change this fuse? It seams a bit small for 50kw or whatever the fastfw supplies.

I have been driving with the Fast Firmware for more than a year now, but with an Enerdel pack. This pack has it own contactors and fuses, and it does not use the fuse on the photo.
Also it is at about 380V... and this means lower current to achieve 50kW.

You can use the fuse you got with some of the Miev packs.
How about contactors?

motorulf

Yes, i will probably use the fuses from the i-miev pack and the contactors too.
I have a few 50A fuses from different packs too, i think i will put one of those on the charging leads. That is enough for a charging current i think  :)
The contactors from both the tesla pack and the think pack are too tall to fit with all those batteries in.
The ones from i-miev are rectangular and can be put on their side.
I only have 80mm from top of batterymodules to the top of the battery compartment.

I will also use the 2 level current transducer (DHAB s/18) from the i-mievs for the simp-bms.
This sends out +-2.5V and the simp-bms expects 0-5V. So now i am soldering a level shifter from some resistors and op-amps.  :P

Next step is building the plastic box holding all the contactors, fuses, precharge resistor, terminals, bms.
This will take some planning to get right :P

motorulf

The BMS box is almost ready.
Waiting for some connectors.

The ugly bent metal bars are parts taken from a imiev battery. Tinned copper.
The positive out is going thru a fuse and then to the PCU and charge input connector.

Turns out i did not need a level shifter for the current sensor, i was looking at wrong PDF file. [facepalm]

BauDemo

You are progressing with great speed!
Have you considered that part of the battery pack functions (contactors and fuses may be hosted in the space under under the floor / behind the seats - where the cooling fan for the zebra battery is located?

motorulf

Yes i have considered it.
That space i think i need for onboard charger and heating for the battery.
I will put a small reservoir back there, a pump, and an aluminum block with 1 or 2 glowplugs in it.
This will be powered by 4 i-miev cells. (50A)
The heater will be controlled by a thermostat only and will be totally stand alone.
Except for charging of those batteries while the car is plugged in somewhere.
I want to be able to drive this, and stop for a while even without plugging the car in, at temperatures down to -30C.
Thats why i have 2 cm insulation under the battery modules.
I will put as much insulation as i can fit around it as well.
If the pack gets to hot during the summer i need to figure something out for that too.
One problem at the time  :P

motorulf

Oh!  I have a question...
The big toroid inductor back there, is that only for charging purposes? (i guess so)
Can i omit that without the PCU complaining?

Also, does anyone have more information on the built in charger?
I am thinking that i would be a nice option to use that since it is already in there.
Of course i need to save the big toroid from going to the spare parts bin then.
I know i can control it with CAN, sending it a pwm%.
But what about voltage, will it happily charge my 310V tesla pack too?

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA