Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

charging solutions for tourist

Startet av Robertvp, onsdag 05. september 2018, klokken 11:21

« forrige - neste »

Robertvp

Hi all, I will visit Norway as tourist for holiday with my Model S 75D and I am searching for information about the public charging infrastructure and how to use it. Do I need a subscription? or are there other solutions?

thanks, Robert

Orbit

You can start with the recently posted tourist guide by the EV association:
https://elbil.no/the-ultimate-ev-tourist-guide-to-norway/

For any follow up questions, you are probably getting more response by updating this thread, than using the article comment section. Welcome to Norway!
2016 BMW i3 94Ah
2019 Audi e-tron 55

geear

Where are you going? You may be able to travel by superchargers only. Coverage is very good in southern Norway.

Espen Hugaas Andersen

Supercharger coverage is good pretty much everywhere, except the nothernmost part. Though if you're staying in the larger cities in Norway, the superchargers closest to the cities can be crowded. Especially the smaller superchargers. I've never seen the ones with 20+ stalls overcrowded.
Model X 100D.
Cybertruck reservasjon.

Øyvind.h

Beware - you need a special version of Teslas UMC cable to be able to charge with it here in Norway.
The charging cable you get with the car in other countries is different from the one here so you might not be able to charge from ordinary household outlets.

Superchargers could probably be enough, but bring your type2 cable and CHAdeMO adapter if you have one.
VW ID4 GTX 2023

Tidligere elbiler: VW ID4 GTX 2022, Nissan Ariya, Kia EV6 GT-Line, Hyundai Ioniq 5, BMW IX3 2021, VW ID4 1st 2021, Mercedes EQC AMG 2021 og 2020, Kia eNiro 2019, Tesla Model X90D 2016,  Tesla Model S90D 2016, Nissan Leaf 2012, Tesla Model S aug 2013

Robertvp

Thank you all for the info, this helps a lot!
I will be staying in the Nordfjord region

cra

Nordfjord on the west coast north of Bergen? You should have no problems getting there by supercharger. If you take E39 the last one is Sandane, and from there it is not far.

Nordfjordeid seem to have a few public chargers: https://www.ladestasjoner.no/
Tesla Model S75D 30/6/17
Tesla Model S85 26/3/14-30/6-17, 82500km
Leaf 9/5/12
Think City, Har ACTIA diagnoseapparat.
Sykkylven (Sunnmøre)

fredag

Sitat fra: Øyvind.h på onsdag 05. september 2018, klokken 13:12
Beware - you need a special version of Teslas UMC cable to be able to charge with it here in Norway.
The charging cable you get with the car in other countries is different from the one here so you might not be able to charge from ordinary household outlets.

Superchargers could probably be enough, but bring your type2 cable and CHAdeMO adapter if you have one.

Even though the schuko plug or blue CEE (commando) plug fits and looks identical to what you'd find in says Germany, there's a 75% chance the underlying electrical system is different, so that the a non-Norwegian UMC will  refuse to charge. A non-Norwegian UMC will only charge at TN electrical systems, while the Norwegian UMC will charge at both TN, IT and TT electrical systems.

Schuko EVSEs from other producers, such as Siemens, will probably work on the Norwegian IT system.

Type2 charging is not affected. UMC charging on red three-phase CEE plugs is not affected. Chademo and supercharging is not affected.

If you plan to use free public street charging on schuko plugs despite the electrical incompatibilities, you may also find that many such schuko outlets are locked with a key. One key fits all. Elbilforeningen or Oslo kommune Bymiljøetaten may help to provide you with a key. In Oslo, the old style brushed metal sylinder schuko charging poles are locked with the key, while the new style boxy type2 charging poles can be activated with any RFID card (you must use the same card both to activate the charging session and to stop the charging session / release the cable).
Mitsubishi i-Miev (2011)
Tesla Model S 85 (2013)
Tesla Model 3 (2019)

aness

Sitat fra: fredag på onsdag 05. september 2018, klokken 15:10
(you must use the same card both to activate the charging session and to stop the charging session / release the cable).
Easiest way to release is to unplug the type-2 cable from the car first, the charger will then release automatically without any card.

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA