Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Citroën berlingo electrique can't charge

Startet av runedk, onsdag 04. oktober 2017, klokken 09:29

« forrige - neste »

runedk

Hello

I bought a Citroën berlingo electrique 1998. i drives well but now it can't charge, and i fear the worst. when i plug it in i hear 2 clicks one from the black fusebox and one from the engine, and then nothing happens. Does anybody know what causes this and how to fix it?
i tried checking and charging the 12v batterie but nothing to find wrong there. Altso the electrical fault lamp is lighting up.

Also i dont think the batteries have been tapped up with water for a long time. Now I've read that this should only being done after a maintenance charge. Is this true can't i just charge it fully and then fill water in? i dont own a device to set the car in maintenance charge mode.

Elmo

Welcome to the ElbilForum.
You should at least ASAP get hold of a ODBII device and the "checkelec" APP discribed her.
Then you can readout if the batteries need wather maintenance. That deivce and APP is also what you need to start the maintenance charge mode - provided you get the car to charge at all then.

To the problem. Charging can fail for a number of reasons, and most of the also leave the Electical fault warning light lit (yellow lightning and diode). Do you see that ?
Tesla Model 3 AWD/FSD 03/2019 med sw: 2023.44.30.9  og en Seat Mii 2020.
Bor i Asker. Elbilist siden 2005.
Har hatt div. Saxo/P106 som vi har kjørt tilsammen 170.000 km. Kun en P106 igjen nå.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

runedk

Hello Elmo

Thanks for the reply will any ODB2 device fit in the car. Maybe this one?

https://www.24hshop.dk/hjem-og-fritid/biltilbehor/bildiagnostik-obd2/bildiagnostik-viecar-obd2-elm327-bluetooth-an

The Electical fault warning light is lit, but i had charged while is was lit before. Iam thinking the error can be read by the OBD2 device?

Also my charger cable looks like it can be convertet to a red CEE so maybe i should try this? or does this enable the rapid charge and breake it even more?

Elmo

First of all . . . you said your car is 1998. Then you need to verify that it has the 16pin OBD-II connection, and not the old 30pin OBD-I.  PSA changed sometime around that year. If you have the old you need an adapter too.

Secondly, the OBDII device. Some works with the Checkelec APP and som don't, and it is virtually impossible to tell before you try it :(  I bought this one, and it works.

And third. So fra the APP is very new software does not read faultcodes. The disigner - Steens - sais it will come in some later release, so if you need that right now you need to use Lexia3 that you can also buy on eBay (there are many but this is one example). Stupid thing with all those is that they must be installed on a Win-XP PC.

PS: some of the Lexia3's on eBay also includes the 30pin to 16pin adaptor, so if your car has 30pin, you should look for one with adaptor.
Har hatt div. Saxo/P106 som vi har kjørt tilsammen 170.000 km. Kun en P106 igjen nå.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

runedk

Hello Elmo

I am waiting for the OBDII device to arrive, lets hope it works. My Berlingo has a 16pin OBD-II connection

Iam opening the PSA Box to check the fuse and what not. The clicks come from there so something is triggering it.

I have a Texa TXTS Diagnostic Tool, do you know if there is some software to make it read my Berlingo?
I can find other Electrique cars (309 - Saxo - partner) but non of them lets me read faultcodes.

If anythings fails my next move will be ordering the Lexia3.

Elmo

Sorry, I have never heard of  Texa TXTS Diagnostic Tool.
Quite strange if you find Saxo and not Berlingo since both are Citroen, but anyway . . .
Berlingo and Partner electric (pre 2004 mod), are identical when is comes to the electric specifics. Likevice Saxo and P106 are also identical.  And when it comes to faultcodes all these four are identical as far as I know.

Have you checked that you have enough cooling fluid and that both the waterpumps are working ??
If the charger has stopped for a temporary fault (like overheating) it will start again if you reset the electonics. You do that by first removing one of the traction-battery fuses, and then minus on the 12V battery - and then connect again in oppesit order.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

timescape

Hi,
I do not know if you are aware of this. :)

The Click in relay can be the signaling light that turns ON/OFF when 230V is applied.

The charger will make a short test on the mains.

It starts charging when you close the lid over the mains plug..
It has been seen the the sw (detecting lid closed) is defekt. Looks like all is OK, but do not charge.. ).
I have read in this forum, that electric fault also can be triggered by "dirt/moisture" in mains inlet assembly.
I would start there :)
Remember to pull one of the fuses for the Batteries before you examine the mains inlet assembly. As it might be wired for DC charging.

As Elmo wrote:
Open the cooling fluid bottle in the engine room, and look for movement in the water, should tell you if the cooling pump are running. :)
If cooling water is not OK, the charger will still run, but not for long. :)

Hope this can be a little help :)
br.

Elmo

Sitat fra: timescape på mandag 09. oktober 2017, klokken 15:36
It has been seen the the sw (detecting lid closed) is defekt.
This is very true, and more likely the older the car is. 

If it is OK or not is also something that be checked with the LEXIA. If it is bad, I have read that a wire can be cut to remove the function (done by eg. Elbilmek), but I still do not know which wire.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

runedk

Ok so the OBDII device didn't work with the App so i ordret this lexia. Hopefully with the right software....
https://www.dba.dk/andet-biltilbehoer-citroen/id-1036070691/

I got the berlingo to charge i found a broken fuse F3 for the Vacuum pump when i change it, i could charge. But when its was time to charge again it would not charge and the fuse was still good. Either is the lid like timescape wrote or is has something to do with cooling.

When its was charging og could clearly hear the colling running and water was flowing through the system.

I hope the lexia would give med some answers.

runedk

Hello i now got my Lexia and its working great. I get this error from reading the faultcodes Error parameters electronic box(Fejl Parametre elektronikboks) do any one know where i can get some more info on this fault?

also i checked the lid over the mains plug and it is working fine :)

I got the car to charge again by removing all 4 of the traction-battery fuses, i will try to make a maintaince charge tommorow using the Lexia.

Elmo

It's been a while since I used my Lexia, but . . .
Did you get this fault when you started the Lexia, or did you get it by reading faultcodes? 
I get an errormessage like that every time I start Lexia even on troublefree cars. I have heared that this has got to do with the fact that the program is hacked.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

runedk

Hello Elmo

I get the fault when iam reading the faultcodes. The program is a "hack" so maybe that's why.

The electrical fault lamp is still lid even if i try clearing the fault. It comes back when i start the engine. So there must be something triggering the electrical fault lamp, or is there something special i should do before i can get rid of the lid electrical fault lamp?

I will try dryving the car for some days and see if i get new faultcodes.

timescape

Sitat fra: runedk på søndag 15. oktober 2017, klokken 13:56
Hello i now got my Lexia and its working great. I get this error from reading the faultcodes Error parameters electronic box(Fejl Parametre elektronikboks) do any one know where i can get some more info on this fault?

also i checked the lid over the mains plug and it is working fine :)

I got the car to charge again by removing all 4 of the traction-battery fuses, i will try to make a maintaince charge tommorow using the Lexia.

Hi Runedk,
what country are you from ?

one main fuse will take all power, no need to remove more :)

Can not see you have mentioned trying this.. :)

Have you tried to make a small reset by removing a main fuse -> remove negative pole from 12V battery.. Wait a few min and then reconnect 12V battery -> insert main fuse..
(never disconnect/connect 12V battery when high voltage is connected. always remove one of the main fuses first. Your DC-DC converter (12v charger), may burn off..).

br.

Elmo

Sitat fra: runedk på søndag 15. oktober 2017, klokken 21:07
I get the fault when iam reading the faultcodes. The program is a "hack" so maybe that's why.

No, if you get it as a result to reading faultcodes it is real.

Then I think you should do "load paramters". Some cars need that from time to time.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

runedk

Hello

Ok so i had trouble charging again, i tried small reset "i have tried this meny times before", but yet again no luck i tried removing all the fuses no luck there. I then connecked the lexia and red out the faultcodes i got "Error chargers heatfuse" Fejl opladerens varmesikring" I removed the error and i can now charge again. Any fix for this? would be nice if i could charge without the lexia.

Elmo: How do i load paramters i dont see that option?

Timescape: Iam from Denmark, i visit Norway once every year at easter. :)

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA