Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap
Hovedmeny

Checkelec

Startet av Steens, fredag 18. august 2017, klokken 01:59

« forrige - neste »

Steens

:o Effectively ! I never read this document in details :-[. I don't think it has a big impact to clear the water need before or after the charge. Regarding my vehicle, I always did it after the charge. You can even drive with the dashboard light still on after the charge and clear it later.

But in any case, I will try to think to a way to force the water page in the app even if the light is off because some people (like me ;)) do the water service without a maintenance charge so the page will never come.

timescape

Sitat fra: Steens på torsdag 22. mars 2018, klokken 11:09
:o Effectively ! I never read this document in details :-[. I don't think it has a big impact to clear the water need before or after the charge. Regarding my vehicle, I always did it after the charge. You can even drive with the dashboard light still on after the charge and clear it later.

But in any case, I will try to think to a way to force the water page in the app even if the light is off because some people (like me ;)) do the water service without a maintenance charge so the page will never come.

The pictures of the water service guidelines addet in my earlier, was in Danish. Sorry.
The base line is that they tell it is very important to RESET counters and need for water BEFORE the water service is done :)

Just a suggestion.. Maby an extra button in the charge menu.. "Reset need for water", then a dialog: Reset counters and need for water? "yes" or "Cancel" ..

If the need for water and counters is NOT cleared on my car.:
It will go into battery protect mode to limit water waste from batteries. By limit the charge (no over charge is done) and need for recharge lamp will be on sooner.

A little experience I had :) :
When I bought my car someone did fill water but did not reset.. I acted like batteries was very bad (only 40km on a charge).
I did not know what was wrong as there was no lamps lid in dashboard..
Someone had taken out all warring the lamps in dashboard, for the car to show like all OK.. :) :)
After reset need for water i had 60-70km on a charge.

br.

Elmo

With evLite you can clear the overcharge-counter (=watherlight counter) any time you like.  Maybe you could somehow monitor which command it sends to the car ??
Tesla Model 3 AWD/FSD 03/2019 med sw: 2023.44.30.9  og en Seat Mii 2020.
Bor i Asker. Elbilist siden 2005.
Har hatt div. Saxo/P106 som vi har kjørt tilsammen 170.000 km. Kun en P106 igjen nå.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

Elmo

Sitat fra: timescape på torsdag 22. mars 2018, klokken 14:43
The pictures of the water service guidelines addet in my earlier, was in Danish. Sorry.
The base line is that they tell it is very important to RESET counters and need for water BEFORE the water service is done :)

I have never neither read that anywhere nor ever done that, and I have done water-service about 100 times.
Har hatt div. Saxo/P106 som vi har kjørt tilsammen 170.000 km. Kun en P106 igjen nå.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

timescape

Sitat fra: timescape på torsdag 22. mars 2018, klokken 14:43

Just a suggestion.. Maby an extra button in the charge menu.. "Reset need for water", then a dialog: Reset counters and need for water? "yes" or "Cancel" ..

If the need for water and counters is NOT cleared on my car.:
It will go into battery protect mode to limit water waste from batteries. By limit the charge (no over charge is done) and need for recharge lamp will be on sooner.

A little experience I had :) :
When I bought my car someone did fill water but did not reset.. I acted like batteries was very bad (only 40km on a charge).
I did not know what was wrong as there was no lamps lid in dashboard..
Someone had taken out all warring the lamps in dashboard, for the car to show like all OK.. :) :)
After reset need for water i had 60-70km on a charge.

br.

Hi Steens,
Did the possibility to reset need for water implemented in the app. ?

I ask as my friend now has the Need for water lamp on.. As lamp newer came ON and never got reset after the last water service by the app.. ?
(the case i started to ask about a few chats back).

He do not have access to a lexia.. :)

Thanks
Br.

Steens

Hi Timescape,

I've still not implemented this feature yet. I keep it in mind and will do something for the V3.0 actually being developed.

But I wonder something: if you are in battery protect mode, this means that your counter is above the threshold and then that a light is on on the dashboard, isn't it ? And with this light, the app doen't show the water page ?

It's the first time I hear about this importance of doing the reset before the water service. So many people are doing it after without any problem. Could you monitor a charge and send the pictures to check what happens during this battery protect mode ? Just to understand how it works.

Br

Elmo

Sitat fra: Steens på søndag 29. april 2018, klokken 23:57
But I wonder something: if you are in battery protect mode, this means that your counter is above the threshold and then that a light is on on the dashboard, isn't it ? And with this light, the app doen't show the water page ?

Interesting question Steens.
Is the chargelogic in a different "state" when watherlight is lit due to overcharge above 860Ah than when waterlight is lit due to a completed MaintanceCharge or InitialCharge ?
And I dont know the answer  :(
eUp 2015 - solgt.

timescape

Sitat fra: Steens på søndag 29. april 2018, klokken 23:57
Hi Timescape,

I've still not implemented this feature yet. I keep it in mind and will do something for the V3.0 actually being developed.

It's the first time I hear about this importance of doing the reset before the water service. So many people are doing it after without any problem. Could you monitor a charge and send the pictures to check what happens during this battery protect mode ? Just to understand how it works.

Br

Hi Steens,
Thanks for your reply.
I will try to answer as good as I can :)

Battery protection mode.. :
Yes, it seems to go i a kind of battery protection mode when the water lamp is on.
The manual claims that the lamp/counters shall be reset before water service. I do not know why. I have always done it :)
when I got my car. I did stop charge at 100% (no over charge). The "charge needed" Lamp came on at about 50%.
In my case all the warring light bulbs was taken out of the dashboard, so no warning was given !
(previous owner had filled water, but apparently did not have lexia to do it right.).
After reset need for water/counters with lexia the car did overcharge and got the double range in driving distance !
(no other errors was present in failure readout).
I of course inserted light bulbs in the dashboard :) :)

Maybe there is differences in the firmware ver. in the car..
Or maybe is done to prevent if the counters is close to limit and during the maintain charge is triggering the need for water lamp before time i the progress.. I do not know..

It is a friend of mine in the other end of country who has the issue. So it is difficult for me to investigate or get measurements.
I will make water service myself soon and of course use the app. without reset first:)
(my need for water lamp is not on).

Thanks
Br.

Steens

Sitat fra: Elmo på mandag 30. april 2018, klokken 14:28
Interesting question Steens.
Is the chargelogic in a different "state" when watherlight is lit due to overcharge above 860Ah than when waterlight is lit due to a completed MaintanceCharge or InitialCharge ?
And I dont know the answer  :(
So, I have the answer now ;) ! Today, the water counter reached the threshold and the water reset page appeared in the same time the light turned on on the dashboard. As I made recently a water service, I just swiped the symbol and the counter was reset.

By the way, something happened also: to make the reset, the app has to request the ECU to go in a "modification mode" before and ask to retrieve the "normal mode" after the reset request is sent. It's the same behaviour for the charge modification or fault clearing. For some reason the "go back to normal mode" was not understood by the ECU. The consequence was that I wasn't able to start my car again. That's a little surprising :o. If that happens to you don't panic! You just need to make a new PSA linking (leave the app and come back, or unplug and replug the OBD,...). After every PSA linking, a "go to normal mode" request is sent. If you are not able to do it, the last solution is to unplug and replug a high-voltage fuse.

Elmo

eUp 2015 - solgt.

timescape

Hi Steens,
Good you find something.
I think something like that caused my friends issues .

Note. Last time the app. was updated. And I used it first time. The app. showed the my car was in "maintain Charge" mode !!
I know for sure it was not..
So I asked the app. to put it in normal charge. And the app. shoved "normal charge " as it should..

Last I did water service i used the app. No problems..

Br.

Steens

Sitat fra: timescape på torsdag 07. juni 2018, klokken 09:14
The app. showed the my car was in "maintain Charge" mode !!
I know for sure it was not..
Strange... ???
What is sure is that if the app displayed "Maintenance charge", that means that your ecu sent a message saying the next charge would be a maintenance charge. Let me know if this happens again.

elektrolux

Currently performing a waterservice using Checkelec. Great to be able to remotly monitor progress while selling charging equipment.

Only thing I miss is a temperatur line on the graph. Any chance to add this? Temperatur can be checked under charging and is measured on water entering the Sagem box
Stavanger:

Selger utstyr for EV lading og energieffektivisering via http://elbilhjelpen.no AS

Har for tiden Tesla S85, Smart ED, BMW C- evolution, Carver S+, Monotrazer MTE-150, Citroen C1 EVie, div. Think og PSA Classic og City 2010 model, Chin 3 hjuler Pickup, Buddy M9 samt Vectric scooter. Venter på Microlino og Aptera #2246

Daglig leder i Elbilhjelpen.no

Steens

No problem, I also needed to check the temperature during the charge so I already added it ;). It will be available in the next V3.0 version (including ECU param modification feature) coming very soon.
Normal_charge.png

Niram1969 .

Any chance for modifications on older ECU's (3.01)?
(holding my palms together) 
:)

//Marin
Saxo Electrique 2003, 46xWB-LYP100AHA LiFeYPO4, 107kkm, 13000kWh used

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA