Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Nicometer i Nye Think

Startet av elektrolux, fredag 17. februar 2012, klokken 12:21

« forrige - neste »

BauDemo

Interesting photo - this should not look like this. The prompt and the copyright text should be in the upper left corner of the screen.
I could not make out from the photo - what is the version of the duinomite firmware you have? 4.3 or 4.4?
I am running 4.3. Maybe the small sync issue I had in it was "fixed" in 4.4?

Edit:
Just read the release notes on the 4.4 version and there it is:
"Fixed a bug which caused the composite video on the Colour Maximite to be shifted to the
right on the screen."
So maybe the 4.3A version or the 4.3 version would behave better?
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

Poppe

The reason for not being at upper left is that it is always rolling and i took the photo when it happened to be where it is.
I cant make out either what firmware it is, i'll try to check tonite. Will try to find a bigger screen, maybe the VGA.

When looking for earlier versions in the archive I found this interresting info in a textfile:
"SD cards reported as NOT working:
=================================
  Dick Smith brand 4 GB
  Kingston 4Gb microSD SDHC card into SD converter.
  SanDisk 4GB
  Transcend 2G MicroSD: The card is fine, works on PC (And camera). But 'Error Accessing the SD card' when used in the Maximite"

I believe I have the Sandisk 4GB since it was the smallest I could find. Will try to pick up one of the approved ones going back from work.
The text mentioned above is exactly what I recieved before updating firmware.
Chevy Volt -12
Th!nk City -99
Th!nk City -08
Peugeot 107 -07
Chevrolet Corvair Convertible -64
Chevrolet Rampside Pick Up -61
Renault Kangoo 4x4 -05
i Göteborg

Poppe

Bought a new sd-card on the way home. Did not make any difference.

Connected a VGA monitor, now its working ! Can not drive around with a 19" monitor on the dash.
Connected an old TV/display (7") and got a picture ! WOW, but only after setting "config composite pal".
Tried again with the intended display a 4,25" flip up display. No picture what so ever.This is the same display that I could watch a DVD on yesterday. Strange.

Guess I have to settle with the 7" display for now and order a new small display and hope for the best.
Chevy Volt -12
Th!nk City -99
Th!nk City -08
Peugeot 107 -07
Renault Kangoo 4x4 -05
i Göteborg

BauDemo

This is very unusual. I am starting to think that it maybe cable problem between the duinomite and the monitor. It will be hard to say what the problem is without osciloscope and a trained engineer to see if there is anything wrong with the video signal.

Did you try with the 4.3A version of the duinomite firmware? I think the sync code is software implemented and could be a bit different in the 4.3A version.
Another thing to try is to save the autorun.bas file on the built-in flash, and avoid using the sd-card. I use tera term terminal program to connect to the duinomite and then xtransfer the file to the file system.

Poppe

I have tried with several cables since I thought that might be the problem too.
The Mega is running the 4.3A version. I could read it with the VGA monitor.
Running on the built-in flash or the sd would that make a difference towards working on one display and not the other ? I am more towards there is something wrong with the 4.25" display even though it works with a dvd.

Tomorrow I will connect to the OBD connector and see if it really works !
Chevy Volt -12
Th!nk City -99
Th!nk City -08
Peugeot 107 -07
Renault Kangoo 4x4 -05
i Göteborg

Poppe

Chevy Volt -12
Th!nk City -99
Th!nk City -08
Peugeot 107 -07
Renault Kangoo 4x4 -05
i Göteborg

BauDemo

How I use teraterm to transfer file to the internal flash disk:

Start teraterm, connect to the serial port created by the usb driver for the duinomite, and on the duinomite prompt type

xmodem receive "autorun.bas"

This command will set the duinomite in a "receive" mode.

Then use the File->Transfer->Xmodem->Send menu on the tera term program and select the file from the host pc file system.

You will see some progress report and when the file is ready the duinomite will show prompt again.

Edit: Edited the text for clarity.

hma

I will add my experiences to this very nice post. I received my Duinomite yesterday and had it flashed with the propper sw/fw and tested the composite video with my 32" 16:9 CRT-TV.

1) All needed to get the Duinomite Mega board running is the a USB-cable. The board is powered via the USB.

2) The higher quality of the composite-cable, the better. I compared a lo-fi v.s. hi-fi type, and it was a huge difference.

3) Plug the Duinomite Mega board to the computer and install the usb-driver Maximite. If not automatically detected it can be downloaded here
http://geoffg.net/Downloads/Maximite/Silicon_Chip_USB_Serial_Port_Driver.zip

4) Install TeraTerm at the computer, which offers serial communication and filetransfer. It can be downloaded from here:
http://en.sourceforge.jp/projects/ttssh2/downloads/58915/teraterm-4.78.exe/

5) Download the Duinomite Mega sw/fw. Due to some problems with scrolling display I found out that version 4.3A is working, and that 4.4 don't. There are two files needed for flashing the board, they can be found in the following zip-files:
    - http://geoffg.net/Downloads/Maximite/Archives/DuinoMite_MMBasic_V4.3A.zip you need BootLoader.exe
    - http://geoffg.net/Downloads/Maximite/Archives/MMBasic%20with%20CAN_V4.3A.zip you need DuinoMite_MMBasic_V4.3A with CAN.hex
Store the files anywhere on the computer.

6) Start BootLoader.exe, push and hold the black button closes to the usb-connector on the Duinomite board and plugg the board to your computer. Then click "Load Hex file", browse to you find the file "DuinoMite_MMBasic_V4.3A with CAN.hex" and click "Program Device". When the board is flashed, you can unplug and plug it to restart.

7) Open a TeraTerm serial connection to the comport connected to the board (use device manager to find the correct com-port). To set up TeraTerm read the document "Installing the USB Serial Port Device Driver.pdf" you got in step 3 (Maximite usb driver)
When connected to the board and you have the prompt, type:
config composite pal

8 ) Download BauDemo's special made code for:
   - Zebra https://sites.google.com/site/theevmonitor/think-ev-monitor/download/evmonZ.bas?attredirects=0&d=1
   - EnerDel https://sites.google.com/site/theevmonitor/think-ev-monitor/download/ENER_AUTORUN.BAS?attredirects=0&d=1

Depending of your battery type:
either:
   a) Copy one of those files to a MicroSD card root directory and insert into the Duinomite. When the board is restarted, this program is automatically loaded.
or
   b) Transfer the autorun.bas to the boards flash (then you don't need a MicroSD-card.  (I'll quote BauDemo here:) At the board prompt, type:
drive a:
In the TeraTerm menu -> File->Transfer->Xmodem->Send menu on the TeraTerm program and select the file autorun.bas from the host pc file system.

9) Connect your composite video output to a display, and check if you get a stable image showing the new-Nikometer printout.

Next up for me is connecting the board CAN_L and CAN_H to the car and see if any battery data appears. I have not yet received my 4,3" display, and I don't intend to drag my 75kg 32" CRT-TV into the car, so I will wait for the package to arrive ;)

Thanks allot to BauDemo for all the effort put into testing, programming and posting to this forum!

/Håkon
- Toyota Rav4 EV 2000 NiMH (06/2010), Hyundai Ioniq 5 P45 (08-2021)
   (tidl.: Think 2000 NiCd (06/2009-05/2012) - Think City 2010 Zebra (03/2012-10/2012) - Think City 2009 Zebra (05/2012-05/2014)  - Tesla Model S85 2014 (06/2014-09/2017) - Nissan Leaf 2018 LE 40kWh (04/2018-12/2018) - Tesla Model S75D (12/2018-06/2021) )
- Trondheim (Trøndelag Elbilforening 02/2012-04/2014)
- Ariens AMP 24 to-trinns snøfreser 48V litium 52,5Ahr (10/2012)

hma

I will add some information of how to handle files at the Duinomite board. The information is available in the MMBasic-archive in the file "MMBasic Language Manual.pdf".

The Duinomite has a built in flash which can store files, like autorun.bas. You should be careful not to wear out the flash. E.g. you can write and delete one file on it every day for 175 years before you reach the endurance limit - but if you write once a minute you reach the limit in about 6 weeks.

When the board is connected to the computer and TeraTerm is running you can run commands.

The built in flash is referred to as 'drive a:'.
The SD-card is refered to as 'drive b:'
Change drive by typing:
drive a:
drive b:
To list files on active drive:
files
To delete files on active drive:
kill "filename" e.g. kill "autorun.bas"
To run a file on active drive:
run "filename.bas" e.g. run "autorun.bas" or simply type
run
to start the default program stored in the flash/SD-card
To stop a running program and get back to the prompt >:
<CTRL>-C

To copy a file between drives, e.g. from SD-card to flash:
go to destination drive (flash a:)
drive a:
save file (autorun.bas) from SD-card:
save "autorun.bas"

I have noticed that the MMBasic is using the SD-card (drive b:) as default drive. So if you connect the board to TeraTerm, when no SD-card is inserted, and you type:
files
you get "Error: Cannot access the SD card".
Then you type:
drive a:
and you are ready to transfer the file (autorun.bas) from you computer to the flash:
the prompt is gone and the board waits for your input of setting xmodem send
File -> Transfer -> Xmodem -> Send
Select "autorun.bas" and click Open.
   (tidl.: Think 2000 NiCd (06/2009-05/2012) - Think City 2010 Zebra (03/2012-10/2012) - Think City 2009 Zebra (05/2012-05/2014)  - Tesla Model S85 2014 (06/2014-09/2017) - Nissan Leaf 2018 LE 40kWh (04/2018-12/2018) - Tesla Model S75D (12/2018-06/2021) )

hma

Just had a short and successful test of the New Nikometer in my car. I have not received the 4,3" monitor yet, so I tested with my computer and TeraTerm.

Note that the Duinomite is sensible for polarization of CAN_L and CAN_H (not all CAN-devices are). If you look at the OBD2 from the passenger seat, CAN_H is third pin from the front on the left row, and CAN_L is the third pin from the front on the right row. On the Duinomite Mega board the CAN_H and CAN_L is evidently marked on the green connector.

BauDemo has made three different screens, which automatically are switched, depending if you charge, drive or have key off (left without charging).

See attached images.

hma

@BauDemo:
I noticed that my "off-screen" displays:
2 * reduced number of batteries *

The 303 message  variable is "variable _reduced_number_of_batteries" (Sys_Num_Batt_Reduced) is a True/False type.
I cannot find any logical usage of such message on the Zebra. Is it possible this message is for Enerdel only?

BauDemo

Great work hma! And congrats on your successful run of the program..
Sitat fra: hma på onsdag 17. juli 2013, klokken 21:36
@BauDemo:
I noticed that my "off-screen" displays:
2 * reduced number of batteries *

The 303 message  variable is "variable _reduced_number_of_batteries" (Sys_Num_Batt_Reduced) is a True/False type.
I cannot find any logical usage of such message on the Zebra. Is it possible this message is for Enerdel only?
I also get this message when the pack is "off" (the car is not driving, nor charging) - I think (...speculation ahead...) it has to do with the fact that there are no batteries connected. So this error (or warning) tells that the contactors have disconnected the battery.

BauDemo

Some more info regarding the different screens.
The screens are drive, charge, standby.
Each screen has sections - possible sections are battery, drive, mains.
For example the drive screen is composed of battery and drive sections. While the charge screen is composed of the battery and mains sections.
Each section displays related data - the drive section shows speed, and economy values, while the mains section shows mains voltage, current and limit value sent from the EVSE (or PCS), as well as calculated power.
Also if errors/warnings are present they will be shown on the bottom of the screen. Some of these are normal - like the "iso test flag" once in a while, or "reduced number of batteries" when in standby.
Here is a drive screen with battery and drive sections annotated.

hma

Got my 4,3" lcd-screen and the plastic box for the DuinoMite card (sold separately) today :-)
Made a preliminary test with the unit not attached to the canbus.
Her are my comments:

1) The autoscreen works fine (toggled either by restarting the program or hitting F8 (dec key code 152)

2) The standby page, toggled by F5 (d149), works fine.

3) The drive page, toggled by F6 (d150), works fine.

4) The charge page, toggled by F7 (d151), is fine for half a second. Then the text fields is displaced and overlaps it self. Maybe this will work better when the unit is reading a can-signal(?)

5) Diagnostic page, toggled by F10 (d154), works fine I assume (prints only zeros when no can signal is attached. The comment to the codeline is wrong, telling F9 is diagnosis.

6) Drive counters reset, togled by F9 (d153), I have not tried yet.

I think this looks very nice, and the code can be quite easy customized for tailored setup.

Next up is installing the devices in my Think, but that will happen the earliest in a few weeks. Have do deal with some traveling meanwhile ;)
I f anyone have a good suggestion how to pacth the wires from the lcd screen on top of the dash, please post it here :)

@BauDemo:
I got the idea that the program could be expanded to addition read data from the PCU, sort of like Chas.
Do you think that is possible?
The DuinoMite RS232 could be attached to the PCU/siadis-connector, then the program must open the serial port and read the data (...sounds easy in theory...)
First of all I'm thinking of reading the fault status bits (FltSt0-4) and print out the flag name and/or the fault cause.
There are other useful status flags which would be nice to display on a pcu-screen.
What do you think?

Poppe

Update:

I recieved a new display the other day.
Heres what happened when I connected it

Looking good.
Evrything is off in the car.
Power comes from the OBDII plug.

Heres what happens when i turn to Ignition

The most interresting is that when you are driving, sorry no Picture showing this, is that the speed display ("0"'s in the Picture above) can be different if the speed is going up or down. I saw a differency of about 6-7 km/h between the "upper/lower speed figure during acceleration/braking. This should mean that it is not the display that is  confused by some interferrence but the Duinimite.

Where does the "?" come from ? Should it not be a "D" ?

I get a similar distorted figure during charging.

Next step is to try to supply 12V from a separate battery.
Chevy Volt -12
Th!nk City -99
Th!nk City -08
Peugeot 107 -07
Renault Kangoo 4x4 -05
i Göteborg

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA