Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

Now it happened to me as well. Zebra battery dead

Startet av Poppe, fredag 23. september 2016, klokken 15:59

« forrige - neste »

Poppe

My son has been driving the Think for the last year or so. On thursday when he came home he parked it not so good so when I was going to move it just a bit some houres later it refused to start and the power limit is blinking but nothing else.
The Nikometer has not been active for a while but we managed to get it up and running and it says 366 V, isolation fault, to many cells dead and 15 cells dead.

Is there something to do about this except push it of a cliff ? I guess not.

Are there any zebra batteries avaliable in Norway, preferably in the south ?
Chevy Volt -12
Th!nk City -99
Th!nk City -08
Peugeot 107 -07
Chevrolet Corvair Convertible -64
Chevrolet Rampside Pick Up -61
Renault Kangoo 4x4 -05
i Göteborg

Go-carter

TMX60D
Leaf S 2015
Think 2011 2+2 Zebra "Sola" 106.000km pr. mars 2017
Think 2008 "CaThinka" kommende banebil

BauDemo

I can recommend the following plan of action:

1. assess the situation - is it a internal or external isolation error?

2. if the zebra battery is not usable change the battery to enerdel pack... max power 37kW
http://www.evmonitor.info/2016/08/new-version-of-nikometer-for-think-a306.html

3. update the pcu software to the racing one...  max power 51kW

4. update the car with CHAdeMO charging...
http://www.evmonitor.info/2016/09/chademo-for-think-a306.html

5. install OVMS on the car...

0. always drive with the nikometer....
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

Poppe

Conversion to lithium is of course one option but it will be a quite heavy investment. I would love to keep it rolling but since I mainly drive the Volt it will be an upgrade for my son and he will probably leave in the spring. Not sure what I will do but I will check what a conversion would cost.
Chevy Volt -12
Th!nk City -99
Th!nk City -08
Peugeot 107 -07
Chevrolet Corvair Convertible -64
Chevrolet Rampside Pick Up -61
Renault Kangoo 4x4 -05
i Göteborg

Hafting

Sitat fra: BauDemo på fredag 23. september 2016, klokken 21:44

2. if the zebra battery is not usable change the battery to enerdel pack... max power 37kW
Is there anybody that do battery conversions? I contacted Elbilmek, they did not.  Closer to Trondheim is better. My Zebra has not failed yet, but the car stop 'occationally' requiring the charger to be plugged in briefly to clear a 'power limit' condition. It always happens due to (hard) regenerative braking. Very irritating, as there is usually not a plug by the roadside. So, towing to the nearest plug - even though the abttery is full, and then it works again.
Sitat

Both of these are interesting too. Where can I get this racing software? Or CHAdeMO charging equipment?
This is all very interesting, but it is hard to find anyone who works on think cars.

VWspirit

Sitat fra: Hafting på fredag 30. september 2016, klokken 14:02
Sitat fra: BauDemo på fredag 23. september 2016, klokken 21:44

Is there anybody that do battery conversions? I contacted Elbilmek, they did not.  Closer to Trondheim is better. My Zebra has not failed yet, but the car stop 'occationally' requiring the charger to be plugged in briefly to clear a 'power limit' condition. It always happens due to (hard) regenerative braking. Very irritating, as there is usually not a plug by the roadside. So, towing to the nearest plug - even though the abttery is full, and then it works again.
Sitat

Both of these are interesting too. Where can I get this racing software? Or CHAdeMO charging equipment?
This is all very interesting, but it is hard to find anyone who works on think cars.

Å sette inn et Enerdel Li-batteri er ikke noen stor sak, men tilgangen på batteri er liten. Batteriene er heller ikke billige så bilen bør være vært å ta vare på.

Kan skaffe CHAdeMO inntak for hurtiglading men har ikke koblet opp slike på Think.

Think fast programvare må kun installeres på Litium biler

-----------------------------------
Jaguar I-Pace 2019
Tesla S100D Pearl White 2019
Think 2011 Sort 2+2 Li (bygd om fra zebra)
*Think 2009 Sort, Li (bygd om fra zebra)
*Think 2002 Sort, 3x25A 230V hurtiglader
*Citroen Saxo 2002 Blå met.
*VW Golf Citystromer 1998 56600km

Robert Sund

Sitat fra: Hafting på fredag 30. september 2016, klokken 14:02
requiring the charger to be plugged in briefly to clear a 'power limit' condition.
A crude workaround might be to use a inverter supplied from the 12V battery? Just enough to clear the condition (if the the 12V battery is able to supply enough power).

VWspirit

I have one almost as new zebra battery (11/2012) that has terminal fault, meens that it has to be connected almoust all the time. Has newer been under 20% soc. PM if anyone is interested.
Jaguar I-Pace 2019

Go-carter

Sitat fra: VWspirit på tirsdag 25. oktober 2016, klokken 18:57
I have one almost as new zebra battery (11/2012) that has terminal fault, meens that it has to be connected almoust all the time. Has newer been under 20% soc. PM if anyone is interested.

Just want to let people know that I also have termal ISO fault, and have been driving with it for almost 5000km. As long as you have it plugged in, it isnt really a problem.
TMX60D
Leaf S 2015

VWspirit

Sitat fra: Go-carter på tirsdag 25. oktober 2016, klokken 23:30

Just want to let people know that I also have termal ISO fault, and have been driving with it for almost 5000km. As long as you have it plugged in, it isnt really a problem.

Har gjort en del testing på batteriet og det viser seg at det kan stå ubenyttet i 6-7 timer etter man tar ut laderen, hvis man har kjørt noen mil først så kan den stå 8-12 timer mulig lengre.

Have done some testing on the battery and it turns out that it can stay unused for 6-7 hours after removing the charger, if you've run a few mil first then it can stand 8-12 hours.

Laveste temp på batteriet for at det skal virke er 235grader med nyeste programmvare
Jaguar I-Pace 2019

Go-carter

Sitat fra: VWspirit på lørdag 29. oktober 2016, klokken 11:17
Sitat fra: Go-carter på tirsdag 25. oktober 2016, klokken 23:30

Har gjort en del testing på batteriet og det viser seg at det kan stå ubenyttet i 6-7 timer etter man tar ut laderen, hvis man har kjørt noen mil først så kan den stå 8-12 timer mulig lengre.

Have done some testing on the battery and it turns out that it can stay unused for 6-7 hours after removing the charger, if you've run a few mil first then it can stand 8-12 hours.

Laveste temp på batteriet for at det skal virke er 235grader med nyeste programmvare

Imponerende. Jeg kan max stå 8-9 timer, etter å ha kjørt. Kortere om jeg kun tar ut lader etter å ha stått stille.

Men min slutter å gå allerede når den er under 250 grader. Hadde 246-248 her om dagen fordi jeg glemte å sette i laderen, og da ville den ikke gå.
TMX60D
Leaf S 2015

BauDemo

Both of you are having batteries with different firmwares.
The newer firmware lowers the working temperature of the battery...
laddplats? -www.uppladdning.nu
nikometer? - www.evmonitor.info

VWspirit

go-carter's battery is from 2011 and so is mine, they shoud bout have BMI-sw 3.12.12
Jaguar I-Pace 2019

ThinkGeo

What is a "termal ISO fault", or was it "terminal" or "thermal"? I also have a parts-car (2009), with Zebra from june 2011. It seems to have worked last time in june last year or maybe april..
It won't charge. I'm 550 km from Elbilmek. SOC is zero.
The High Voltage light lower right doesn't light up at start-up, neither do the the rest of the control and warning lights on the instrument panel - except the airbag light which is constant on. How do I get to know what the real problem is with the battery  the easiest way? Don't have any special diagnostic equipment.
ThinkGeo
Think City 2010 - EnerDel Lithium

ThinkGeo

Another question that is a puzzle to me: Is it possible to se the difference between a Zebra and a Lithium batteri on a Think? They seems very similar mounted from the outside (from below). Where does the hot air from the Zebra come out? Back with the wheels and cables? +350 right there???
Don't see any other outlets.. ? Never had any experience wit a hot and working Zebra battery.
ThinkGeo
Think City 2010 - EnerDel Lithium

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA