Bli medlem i Norsk elbilforening og støtt driften av Elbilforum. Som medlem får du i tillegg startpakke, medlemsfordeler og gode tips om elbil og lading. Du blir med i et fellesskap som jobber for mindre utslipp fra veitrafikken. Medlemskap koster 565 kroner per år. elbil.no/medlemskap

How to charge/test Berlingo after 5 (five!) years of storage?

Startet av highend, lørdag 01. desember 2012, klokken 22:59

« forrige - neste »

elektrolux

The cells can build dentrites that can penetrate the membrane, rendering the cell shorted.
Stavanger:

Selger utstyr for EV lading og energieffektivisering via http://elbilhjelpen.no AS

Har for tiden Tesla S85, Smart ED, BMW C- evolution, Carver S+, Monotrazer MTE-150, Citroen C1 EVie, div. Think og PSA Classic og City 2010 model, Chin 3 hjuler Pickup, Buddy M9 samt Vectric scooter. Venter på Microlino og Aptera #2246

Daglig leder i Elbilhjelpen.no

Elmo

Sitat fra: highend på mandag 03. desember 2012, klokken 18:06
Maybe I will try easier option - I will remove sagembox and put it in other Berlingo which is working & driving - so nothing worse will happen and then I will be sure if that controller is OK or not.
Sounds like a good plan. Remeber to reset errors on the computer.

Sitat fra: elektrolux på mandag 03. desember 2012, klokken 18:13
You must discharge the batteries atleast down to 50%.
For this use a resistive load, such as a heater element ore big bulb.
I use a modified 230v fan-oven. Connect directly to the batteryconnectors.
Modified so that the fan still goes as originally on the 230v and the heaterpart goes on the carbattery. Take time, but works perfect.
Tesla Model 3 AWD/FSD 03/2019 med sw: 2023.44.30.9  og en Seat Mii 2020.
Bor i Asker. Elbilist siden 2005.
Har hatt div. Saxo/P106 som vi har kjørt tilsammen 170.000 km. Kun en P106 igjen nå.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

highend

Thank you for answers. In the past I kept fully charged Berlingo for 3 months with disconnected traction fuse and I noticed that soc was down to 80-85%, and then needed several charges or balance charge to return to 100%. Other than that - nothing worse happened. 

I could drive other Berlingos to go under 50% soc and for this one I wil connect probably a bulb to discharge it - something that I can connect to battery terminals current at 186V ;)
I really wanted to drive it ;)

highend

So I connected a bulb to discharge nicads. I wonder why soc now is a bit over 0% where voltage is 186V. I think that soc meter is de-calibrated.

Anyway tonight I will charge the other van. It has 1200ah overcharge and water light is on. Any suggestions on charge? I might not add water now because temperature now  is -1 deg and lots of snow...

elektrolux

Normal procedure for filling water in the cold temperatures is to charge the car indoors and fill as soon as battery temperature is above 25C and voltage is dropping during charging.

The Berlingo batteries are the trickiest to fill in the cold, as the batteries do not get heat from charger, and are cooled too well by the radiator.

Stavanger:

Selger utstyr for EV lading og energieffektivisering via http://elbilhjelpen.no AS

Har for tiden Tesla S85, Smart ED, BMW C- evolution, Carver S+, Monotrazer MTE-150, Citroen C1 EVie, div. Think og PSA Classic og City 2010 model, Chin 3 hjuler Pickup, Buddy M9 samt Vectric scooter. Venter på Microlino og Aptera #2246

highend

So I've charged second van - and it charged OK (normal standard charge).
But this one also won't move - but it is different.

After turning on ignition - ECO meter goes to MAX RED - but does not draw any Ampers (I see that on EVLITE). Then after turning on - car clicks normally, ECO stays on MAX red and nothing happens.
Won't go forward/backward - when I try to use steering wheel - it clicks OUT and comes electrical fault code B1 - from Relight manual it is in german "Fehler Überstromschalter", translated means: "error Overcurrent switch". Then after turning off and on again - there is no error, until I start to move steering wheel. Pressing on acceleration have no effect.

Also I wonder it is sagembox defect or another "sensor" ? I repeat there is no current draw according to eVLite ;)

Well... those old 5-years stored vans could have rusted ?

elektrolux

Sitat fra: highend på onsdag 05. desember 2012, klokken 09:39
Well... those old 5-years stored vans could have rusted ?

Have you tried moving the motor round manually?

Try running the motors of a 24 battery connected to field and Rotor in paralell. And lift front of car up.
Stavanger:

highend

Will try that. Can I also connect power to + and - to the cables in controller flap which goes to the engine? Of course will lift car first

elektrolux

I don't understand controller flap? but you need to disconnect the 4 cables to motor, and connect them to a 24V battery. You also need to initiate movement, but motor should continue spinning by itself after that.
Stavanger:

highend

flap I mean cover on controller with access to all cables ;)
But OK - I will try then directly to the motor - I shall lift both front wheels up - correct?

also tomorrow I will try to swap & check both controllers in other good working van. I'm very curious of results.

elektrolux

Offcorse you can connect at the SAGEM box. Just make sure the cables are not connected to the SAGEM box itself.
Stavanger:

Elmo

Sitat fra: elektrolux på onsdag 05. desember 2012, klokken 11:04
Have you tried moving the motor round manually?
Try running the motors of a 24 battery connected to field and Rotor in paralell. And lift front of car up.

@Elektrolux,
I have never managed to turn the motor with 12v battery (I know you say 24v here, but I think you have mentioned only 12v some time earlier?).
Can you please try to discribe better where and how to connect the 24v, for example by use of this picture ???
Tesla Model 3 AWD/FSD 03/2019 med sw: 2023.44.30.9  og en Seat Mii 2020.
Bor i Asker. Elbilist siden 2005.
Har hatt div. Saxo/P106 som vi har kjørt tilsammen 170.000 km. Kun en P106 igjen nå.
eUp 2015 - solgt.

elektrolux

Connect the 2 big cables in paralell to the 2 small cables, and to a 24-30V sourse.

Then help the Motor to turn, and it should continue by itself.

On the 120V motor it should turn with less than 7A at 30V, providing there is no friction from wheels ect. If it needs more amps, there could be an internal short in the windings, effectivly making its own circuit.
Stavanger:

highend

some good news - the second Berlingo is driving, this was only problem with acceleration pedal.
although it had water light on, and overcharge count 1200Ah !!!
so what should I do - it is fully charged now, shall I drive carefully to discharge and then to start
maintenance charge and fill water? There is warmer now (+5 deg) so I can add water safely.

elektrolux

Don't drive too far. You will probably have some uneven cells after prolonged storage at full charge.

Then do the Maintenence charge and stop once you see tempereature is OK, and voltage is dropping.
Stavanger:

© 2024, Norsk elbilforening   |   Personvern, vilkår og informasjonskapsler (cookies)   |   Organisasjonsnummer: 982 352 428 MVA